Does my sister in law want me?

blacksteele035

Over the 10 years I have known my wife. I have had a crush on my sister in law. She is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. Me and her have flirted a lot over the years. I think of her everyday.

Some examples of awkwardness. We only had one car as a family. So one day me, wife, and her sister were at the bank about to pick up her parents. Wife's sister ask my wife if she can sit on my lap when we go to special dinner party we were going to. My wife says yes. So when the time came she sat on my lap and she put her arm around me. She had her butt on my right knee and was facing sideways. Then, Hal way through the ride she sat directly on my crotch. So what do you think happened? Later, she went back and told my mother in law, wife, and cousin that I got hard. Then, another occasion we were at the club. She started twerking on me and pinching my ass. Then, in front of wife and all her girlfriends straddled my leg.

Just recently my wife's mother just died and the night before the wake me, wife, wife's father, and her sister went out to dinner. My wife is very ill and dying. We have two kids with special needs. When, her father got up to get a smoke, my wife was talking about what will happen when she dies. Out of no where she says to my sister in law. Why doesn't she marry me and help me raise the kids? She didn't say "hell no" or anything. She just stayed quiet.

So we went to the wake the next day. My wife made me hug her sister tight and she was telling everyone that I was her going to be her future husband. Wife never said a word.

Some info on my wife she has been talking to men behind my back since we have been together. One day, I came home from university she was on the computer talking on cam with all this lipstick on. It led to an affair I had with another woman because I felt she was playing me. Even now as sick as she is she is still doing things behind my back. She is always telling everyone how great I am but when I find inappropriate conversations with other men she dogs me out.

I love her sister she the sweetest person I know. Since, wife has been in the hospital she and her dad have moved in. She cooks, cleans, does laundry, and helps with my children. I am in love with her. What I want to know is does she have romantic feelings for me?

trailrunner1975

Don't know. Only way to know is ask. This will not end well for you, however. Should be interesting to watch, kind of like an episode of Jerry Springer.

• Like 3
Don't know. Only way to know is ask. This will not end well for you, however. Should be interesting to watch, kind of like an episode of Jerry Springer.

I'll get the popcorn.....

• Like 4
gettingstronger

She may be a tease and has always been competitive with her sister- you can ask your wife what their relationship was like growing up and she may tell you her sister always encroached on all aspects of her life from boyfriends, to hobbys, to friends- you may just be part of that dynamic between sisters-

May not be wise to engage and think you are anything more than that- once the chase is over, you won't be as attractive to either one-

It doesn't matter. While your wife is alive if you & SIL ever loved your wife, you need to stay away from each other. SIL should not sit on your lap. You should avoid hugging SIL.

Since you admit that you have always had a crush on SIL I'm going to suggest that you are over reading things. SIL is probably doing whatever she can to help her dying sister. She'd do it no matter who her dying sister was married to, you or somebody else. It's not about SIL liking you. It's about SIL being a good person & doing whatever she can to make her dying sister's life easier.

You don't deserve either one of them for perving on SIL while your wife, the mother of your children is grieving the loss of her own mother & laying in a hospital bed dying. Start thinking about your kids. Think with your heart not your penis.

• Like 2
Grapesofwrath

I've read several places that there is a "sub-genre" of affairs that involves sisters-in-law or brothers-in-law. it seems these occur when there are unresolved issues between the siblings such that betrayal of this type is performed as a way to get retribution. I'm not sure if you are suggesting that you may have an affair with your sister-in-law, but if you are considering it, I strongly advise against it. It can happen when there are inappropriate boundaries among family members, which sounds like it could be the case here.

In biblical times, it may have been acceptable to marry the widow or widower of one's sibling. This was done in order to keep assets and children within the tribe. We are not living in biblical times. Try to imagine what this scenario would look/feel like to the children involved.

If your wife is terminally ill and the reality of her pending death is on her mind, she may be saying all types of things as she attempts to cope. Imagine how she would feel, attending her mother's funeral, knowing that she is likely the next family person to die. She is, no doubt, worried about her children and how they will be cared for after she is gone. She may feel that her sister offers a loving female role model for them. Her sister can still provide that, without becoming your wife or lover.

• Like 2

I think you are a creep, if what you write is real.

For God's sake why didn't you marry your sister in law in the first place.

Your wife is terminally ill and you are lusting after her sister.... you are a real class act.

Poppy.

Feelings do get confused when one is under so much stress having to deal with death and terminal illness. It's such a terrible thing to be going through. Your lusting is just an escape from the real pain you should be experiencing. It is too much to bear see your spouse on their death bed, and the thought of being alone with two little ones to raise....it's pretty daunting.

If this is a true story, it seems to me your wife feels a lot of guilt having to leave you, and probably feels that her loving sister is willing to step in her place will help her be at peace knowing you all will be ok.

For now focus on your wife, and support your children emotionally. Once it's all over let things fall into place. Whatever happens happens.

How can you respect a woman who openly flirts with her own sister's husband and vice versa?

She sits on your lap and pinches your @zz?