How could a man stay?

So here's the story....

My ex and I have been texting romantically, talking on the phone daily for about the past month and a half...

She's been with the guy she left me for for 3 months... (mind you, she cheated on me, with him.)

So he found out we were talking, read her texts that said he was just a phase, that I was better in bed than him, that she thought I was her soulmate, that she didn't connect with him the way she did with me, etc...

Her and him get into an argument, he moves out of her house, for one day, and the next day they decide to work it out.... of course she isn't allowed to talk to or speak to me, and has since not texted or emailed me... it's only been about 3 days... in all of the years her and I have known each other, we have always found our way back to each other... (17 years)

So, some background on her guy... he's a loser; on parole, 4 kids with 3 women, drinks while he's on parole, lives with her and her kids, has no driver's license... he's basically the scum of the earth type of guy... he's 36 she's 30...

After he's read the texts and seen that she's still in love with me, that he can't do it for her in bed the way I can, that she's only with him because it's comfortable and she always knows where he is because he can't drive etc.... how in the hell did this guy decide to stay with her? I mean, wouldn't any self respecting guy, or ANY guy for that matter leave?

I'll never get back with her because I can't trust her... but, when I'm single I'll mess around with her... talk to her etc.... I just don't get why this guy would stick around..

Either he's madly in love with her, or just using her... what are your opinions?

• Author

I guess I just don't get it.... when I found out she was cheatimg, I knew I couldn't trust her... so other than messing around, I didn't want to be with her... he's chosen to say in a relationship with her... they've only been together for 3 months, and she's already cheated... it wasn't just texting either... she and I met up once... I think she denied that to his face... but I told him the truth... he even saw messages where she asked me to meet up with her for sex in the middle of the night, while he was sleeping right next to her.... I know he saw all of these, because when he texted me asking about it... I sent him hundreds of screenshots... she told me to just send him and tell him everything... so I did... he's on parole, and afraid I'll report his parole violations, or beat his ass, so he hasn't said much to me, other than asking what's going on, and asking for the screenshots.... he saw it with his own two eyes and stuck around...I guess I don't understand...

He's on parole, doesn't have a car, she lives with him, probably paying for the bills etc......he just needs a place to stay and get some sex. This guy really doesn't have that much emotional attachment, not like you anyways. The writing is on the wall.....he is using her.

So here's the story....

My ex and I have been texting romantically, talking on the phone daily for about the past month and a half...

She's been with the guy she left me for for 3 months... (mind you, she cheated on me, with him.)

So he found out we were talking, read her texts that said he was just a phase, that I was better in bed than him, that she thought I was her soulmate, that she didn't connect with him the way she did with me, etc...

Her and him get into an argument, he moves out of her house, for one day, and the next day they decide to work it out.... of course she isn't allowed to talk to or speak to me, and has since not texted or emailed me... it's only been about 3 days... in all of the years her and I have known each other, we have always found our way back to each other... (17 years)

So, some background on her guy... he's a loser; on parole, 4 kids with 3 women, drinks while he's on parole, lives with her and her kids, has no driver's license... he's basically the scum of the earth type of guy... he's 36 she's 30...

After he's read the texts and seen that she's still in love with me, that he can't do it for her in bed the way I can, that she's only with him because it's comfortable and she always knows where he is because he can't drive etc.... how in the hell did this guy decide to stay with her? I mean, wouldn't any self respecting guy, or ANY guy for that matter leave?

I'll never get back with her because I can't trust her... but, when I'm single I'll mess around with her... talk to her etc.... I just don't get why this guy would stick around..

Either he's madly in love with her, or just using her... what are your opinions?

So says the guy who's still "sticking around" even though his girlfriend dumped him for a man who's supposedly not better than him in bed..

• Like 2
acrosstheuniverse

I don't see you have any reason to feel like you're somehow better than this guy or to judge his decision to stay with her. Instead of leaving her when she cheated and moving on with dignity you're now accepting scraps from her, someone you should have kicked to the curb and ran far away from, happy to receive breadcrumbs of texts and with so little dignity you'll have sex with her knowing that she's going back to him.

Instead of asking why would he stay (I think the poster who said he probably doesn't have that deep an emotional bond, he's just happy to have a place to stay and get laid), ask yourself why would you still be hung up and chasing a woman who's moved a felon who drinks and has been with five minutes into her house where her children reside?

• Like 1
mystikmind2005
So says the guy who's still "sticking around" even though his girlfriend dumped him for a man who's supposedly not better than him in bed..

Yea, the OP doesn't seem to recognize the errors in his own logic. And he is getting confused between her words and her actions. When it comes to words verses actions.... actions win hands down, its no contest. And her actions are clear, end of story.