Texting & occasionally with a married man but you don't know his wife. Inappropriate?

If a young woman is 25 & her and a married guy thats 40 text back and forth, mind you they are not co-workers or family but they both having a few common interests. He befriended her on Facebook and they've kept in contact off and on for 2-3 years. They have flirted and he's even told her that her energy would be hard to forget about and she intrigues him but it would not be appropriate to let the "friendship" become physical but he's also mentioned he'd help her with bills and even said something about going to her apartment a few times (I'm assuming not with his wife). He would sometimes text her good morning and if she feels bad he'd say hope she feels better. Just seems like there are more than friendship feelings here. He's even told her she knows there's love between them & that she'd be his type if he wasn't marry. But if not interested in anything but friendship why hasn't the wife been introduced and why hasn't the young woman been invited over...?

From what I know the girl has a boyfriend that she has been with for about a year and a half.

One he texted saying I'm coming over, she turned him down, and then he said he was joking he'd never come to her house that late. But then he tells her don't say I never tried.

He'd say things like it'll be good to see you if he knows they may be in the same vicinity ....

this is what most would call an emotional affair. Him seeking out much younger pen pals, and flirting with them is obviously inappropriate. I feel sorry for his wife.

Cannnnnnndyyyyyyy caaaannnne (Joy Ride)

She apparently enjoys the attention as well. At the age of 25 she knows fully well what is going on. She has a bf, hasn't asked that he meet him while he won''t introduce her to his wife. They both know it's wrong but won't stop.

• Like 1

Grooming 101 comes to mind.

The offer to pay bills should be a huge red flag.

Red flags everywhere!

If you wouldn't want your BF or his wife seeing exactly what is said by text or in person - then it's wrong/inappropriate.

He's prepping you for an affair...if you don't intend to have an affair then you should stop participating with him entirely.

• Like 2
  • Author
He's proposing sex for $ - inappropriate!

He said he was just joking because she mentioned she was doing her homework and calculating bills and she jokingly texted "wanna help with my bills"

• Author
Grooming 101 comes to mind.

The offer to pay bills should be a huge red flag.

Red flags everywhere!

If you wouldn't want your BF or his wife seeing exactly what is said by text or in person - then it's wrong/inappropriate.

He's prepping you for an affair...if you don't intend to have an affair then you should stop participating with him entirely.

You may be right but what if he said sex was not the goal...

You may be right but what if he said sex was not the goal...

What if married men lie?

You ever think of that?

They lie all the time when grooming a new prospect for sex...