LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

My boyfriend is being secretive about spending time in another part of town?

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th September 2015, 3:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfish99 View Post
In his culture, women don't meet the family until they plan to marry. I only know because several coworker friends who happen to be from his country told me when I was talking about that same concern. They didn't introduce their now husbands for 1-2 years! So who knows. I met his closest friends though, one that he's known since childhood

Anyway, last night he invited me for long run tonight and sleepover. On the phone I asked how the party went and he said, "Good, not really party, just small birthday get together." and left it at that. In person I'll get more information in a conversational way.
What country/culture is this exactly?
Um, if he's from that conservative of a culture then one would think he is playing the field and is dating you for fun.
And that you will remain a total outsider.
Does that make you happy ?
It sounds like you want to be serious with this guy.
dignifiedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2015, 7:03 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dignifiedgirl View Post
What country/culture is this exactly?
Um, if he's from that conservative of a culture then one would think he is playing the field and is dating you for fun.
And that you will remain a total outsider.
Does that make you happy ?
It sounds like you want to be serious with this guy.
You bring up a good point.

I'm going to hell for my next sentence but at this point I'm too old to give a damn.

For some reason when you asked that question my mind instantly jumped to an Acid In The Face type of Family.

Which actually makes me think, dignifiedgirl, you know the next time your guy tries to throw that stripper in your face, maybe you might want to consider accidentally spilling some Sulphuric Acid on his crotch. That would be quite a story he could tell at the Gentleman's club ...lol. He probably wouldn't be getting to many lapdances anymore...lol
Space Ritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2015, 7:23 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ritual View Post
You bring up a good point.

I'm going to hell for my next sentence but at this point I'm too old to give a damn.

For some reason when you asked that question my mind instantly jumped to an Acid In The Face type of Family.

Which actually makes me think, dignifiedgirl, you know the next time your guy tries to throw that stripper in your face, maybe you might want to consider accidentally spilling some Sulphuric Acid on his crotch. That would be quite a story he could tell at the Gentleman's club ...lol. He probably wouldn't be getting to many lapdances anymore...lol

Luckily, I only have feelings of ill will towards people who hurt animals and /or children. My xF is just a sad little garbage person.

Back to OP, the Acid in The Face kinda Family was exactly what I was alluding to.

I am concerned that his family is a great cover for any bad deeds he does.
Since one can't even meet them unless marriage is on the table !
But then again, you have met his brother, so why not his sister ?

I have a feeling this guy is a fast talking charmer.

Be smart and safe.
dignifiedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2015, 4:18 AM   #19

I think he is seeing someone. If it were a guy he was going to visit, he would have told you with ease. But since he is acting sneaky, i think it's a girl. He doesn't take you seriously. You are worth more than that. I think you should end it sweetie. I know it's hard but you deserve more than that.
Lovelypearl is offline   Reply With Quote