how seriously should I take the phrase "Its a date"?

So yesterday I finally got to spend sometime outside work with this shy girl I've been talking to for awhile. We were just hanging out, nothing more as far as I know. It went well, we had lunch, went miniature golfing then she wanted to see my new place. We hung out for awhile and she had to go home. But she said next week we should watch some movies and hang out at my place and I said of course and she said "Its a date.". But should I take that at face value? I mean I like where this is going but is that a phrase some girls use or you think she was serious? I get this is a strange question but I would kind of like to be prepared for what next week is supposed to be. And she's a very shy girl, if I ask her to clarify she may back off and I dont want that.The first time we ever hung out she said, "This inst a date.". So you can see my confusion. Advice would be great.

Treat it like a date. Don't read into such small comments like this and over analyze. Even if it wasn't a date you can treat it like one and show her what a great guy you are. She likes you, go for it

• Like 1
So yesterday I finally got to spend sometime outside work with this shy girl I've been talking to for awhile. We were just hanging out, nothing more as far as I know. It went well, we had lunch, went miniature golfing then she wanted to see my new place. We hung out for awhile and she had to go home. But she said next week we should watch some movies and hang out at my place and I said of course and she said "Its a date.". But should I take that at face value? I mean I like where this is going but is that a phrase some girls use or you think she was serious? I get this is a strange question but I would kind of like to be prepared for what next week is supposed to be. And she's a very shy girl, if I ask her to clarify she may back off and I dont want that.The first time we ever hung out she said, "This inst a date.". So you can see my confusion. Advice would be great.

I see nothing to be confused about. It's a common phrase used by some when confirming plans. Of course it's not "a date". Netflix-and-chilling isn't "a date".

You're overthinking this.