Why would a woman get shy suddenly?

This girl I've known for a while has finally decided to hang out with me. She acts very shy with people sometimes, and I've asked her to hang out before and she would come up with excuses. But this time I was just joking with her and she said yes. And later she brought it up while we were talking about something else, witch is strange for her, so I think she really wants to. So I said we should do mini golf cause I figured that would be a safe bet. But here's the question, after all that she walked off pretty fast and didn't really talk to me after that. She didn't ignore me but if I walked past her she would look down and if I asked her a question she would give quick answers. I've never had that happen before. I know she wants to hang out with me but why would she get shy after? Any advice?

People call it being shy, I call it social anxiety. There is this this type of therapy called exposure therapy. They expose the patient to what causes them the anxiety. After awhile they become immune to it, and it doesn't bring on symptoms. Sounds like it's going to be a slow process, so you are going to have some patience. If you keep at it she will eventually feel more comfortable around you.

• Like 1
mystikmind2005

In my experience, if it is a change in behavior from earlier, it means she is doing that classic move women do so well - mysteriously unliking you for no apparent reason.

When that starts to happen, it is best not to waste your time any further - don't try and convince her, that is a mistake, imagine if you succeeded! Not a good foundation to build a relationship upon. You deserve to have someone who actually wants to be with you.

• Author
In my experience, if it is a change in behavior from earlier, it means she is doing that classic move women do so well - mysteriously unliking you for no apparent reason.

When that starts to happen, it is best not to waste your time any further - don't try and convince her, that is a mistake, imagine if you succeeded! Not a good foundation to build a relationship upon. You deserve to have someone who actually wants to be with you.

Actually we've hung out twice and are going on a date Monday. Thanks for the help though.