My crush tried to hold my hand 3 different times for a bet?

So a little back story. I have a huge crush/ like this girl for almost 2 years now. But things are kinda rocky with her. But today we were hanging out with a group of friends at an amusement park.. Me and another friend of mine got separated from the rest of the group and then when we met up with them she kept looking at me. I kinda shrugged it off because i thought i was just overthinking things but i caught her stealing looks a lot of times but i just didn't say anything. Fast forward 2 hours later.. I was walking ahead of the group then she ran up to me and then she grabbed my hand. I didn't know how to react to that..so i pushed her away. Then the second time she sneaked up behind and me and then tried to hold my hand again. I had to raise my hand up in the air so that she couldn't grab it.This time I asked her what shes trying to do but she just smiled. One of my friends told me that if she held my hands for 10 minutes she would've won then bet. 10 minutes is a long ass time. The third time she leaned towards me then she grabbed my hand again. I had to hold her wrist and ask her to stop what she trying to do.

So.. Did I do the right thing by pushing her away? I mean it was cute and her effort was A+ but I didn't want to do it because it was just a bet. What should I do? Did I just ****ed up my chances with her?

TaraMaiden2

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say she F**ked up her chances with you?

Childish silly games.

Why would you be pursuing someone who messes with you in that way?

She's behaving immaturely and treating you disrepsectfully.

You want a piece of that?

Really??

• Like 1

There's always the chance it wasn't really a bet, and she was embarased that you rejected her, so asked her friend to pretend it was all fake to save her blushes.

But yeah, i'd say if you get to the bottom of it and it really was all a silly bet, that's not the type of person you should really be persuing.

• Like 1
  • Author

this really opened my eyes aha.. that was the first time she acting like that. it was really out of the ordinary.

LoveRefreshed

How old are you? If you're around 14-16, maybe the bet was an excuse to do something she really wanted.

Have you ever heard that sarcasm generally holds truth in it?

If you want to wow her, tell her that you like her. It's scary at first, real ****ing scary. First time I did it, I had such a feeling in the pit of my stomach, I was pacing, and the words were so hard to come out. After I did it once, the next 100 times was way easier.

• Author
How old are you? If you're around 14-16, maybe the bet was an excuse to do something she really wanted.

Have you ever heard that sarcasm generally holds truth in it?

If you want to wow her, tell her that you like her. It's scary at first, real ****ing scary. First time I did it, I had such a feeling in the pit of my stomach, I was pacing, and the words were so hard to come out. After I did it once, the next 100 times was way easier.

Yeah I'm 16. I asked our mutual friends but they wouldn't spill anything. They told me to see for myself and ask her whats actually going on. That last part actually hits homee.

LoveRefreshed

Yeah, it's scary. Just do it, don't beat around the bush and then once it's out there, all that anxiety is gone.

"I was wondering about why you tried to hold my hand, because I genuinely like you".

Done, 15 seconds tops.

• Like 1

Keep acting aloof, don't make it easy for her....keep her chasing and guessing for a little longer. The less available you are, the more desirable you become. It's the way a girl's brain works....every time you tease or push her away, dopamine is released in her brain...that feel good chemical. If you give her attention, softly tease her, be playful, then pull back. It's a push and pull dance that builds up desire. Take it from me a girl...this works really well.

Never come out and say you have feelings....it makes you look weak, and unmasculine.

• Like 1
LoveRefreshed

I disagree Smackie, but I guess we're dealing with 16 year olds. You are a girl after all, but you're encouraging him to play games. These same sorts of tactics used by men that women lament about.

I've always found women like the confidence of putting it out there.

I guess maybe instead of telling her, I'd just try to kiss her.. But that's my 30 year old self.

• Like 1

BTW Samuraii I have to say well played. You did the right thing by resisting her holding your hand, playfully putting it out of reach....it was perfection.

• Like 1
  • Author
Keep acting aloof, don't make it easy for her....keep her chasing and guessing for a little longer. The less available you are, the more desirable you become. It's the way a girl's brain works....every time you tease or push her away, dopamine is released in her brain...that feel good chemical. If you give her attention, softly tease her, be playful, then pull back. It's a push and pull dance that builds up desire. Take it from me a girl...this works really well.

Never come out and say you have feelings....it makes you look weak, and unmasculine.

ohhh is that how girls work? Damnn you're making it a little bit easier for me. We'll see how it goes tho. I'll probably try your advice next time we hang.

• Author
BTW Samuraii I have to say well played. You did the right thing by resisting her holding your hand, playfully putting it out of reach....it was perfection.

yeahh it was pretty funny. she kept jumping for it :lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Like 1
  • Author
I disagree Smackie, but I guess we're dealing with 16 year olds. You are a girl after all, but you're encouraging him to play games. These same sorts of tactics used by men that women lament about.

I guess maybe instead of telling her, I'd just try to kiss her.. But that's my 30 year old self.

maybe i'll try to do a bit of both.. who know? it might just work.:)

It's total pick up push and pull method for sure, but it doesn't mean you have to be a player to use it. The build up, the enticement, sexual tension...it becomes delicious....it's called flirting. It's fun and exciting at any age.

Confidence isn't being forward with saying your "feelings" confidence is being sure of yourself in yourself, and in actions.

• Like 1
LoveRefreshed

Yeah, I understand what confidence is. It's why I sit around with guys three times more physically attractive and yet I'm the one who walks away with the girls' numbers.

Anyway, I agree that you need to maintain some mystery and flirt, but at some point you gotta step up to the plate or you'll flirt yourself into the friend zone.

Eww, I can't believe I said that word. I don't even believe in that place.

• Like 1
  • Author
Yeah, I understand what confidence is. It's why I sit around with guys three times more physically attractive and yet I'm the one who walks away with the girls' numbers.

Anyway, I agree that you need to maintain some mystery and flirt, but at some point you gotta step up to the plate or you'll flirt yourself into the friend zone.

Ahahhaha trust me man. It exist. They'd ask you to get comfortable and to enjoy your stay too. I know a girl who's friendzone looks like the NFL draft pick.

• Like 3

LOL that's funny. No worries, being too available gets you friends zoned. I think Samurii has it figured out.

• Like 3