Can you still be friends with your exes friends?

My bf and I had been having a lot of problems lately, and last weekend we finally broke up. BUT, a few days ago, something clicked in both of us, and we got back together just determined to work anything out. And things have been great. Our friends always make fun that we are so on-again, off-again, that this time we just kept the getting back together part to ourselves. We'll tell 'em evenutally.

I have a lot of new friends thru my bf, who I've been with for 2+ years. Mostly girls, but one is his best friend. The reason I know his best friend (Jon) so well, is because I go out with them everywhere. Parties, snowboarding, to eat, movies, etc. The three of us hang out all the time, and Jon treats me like one of the guys. It has never been sexual or over flirtatious - and my bf would leave me alone with his friend anyday. He trusts us both that much.

Last nite, I was on AIM chatting with some friends, and my bf was reading beside me. Jon is on my buddy list too, and he IM'd me to tell me about this date he went on with some girl he met. So, I'm telling him what I think it meant when she did this or that. He asks me the female perspective alot. My bf was starting to huff and puff on the side, so I was like, sweetie, is everything ok? He was TICKED off that his friend would IM me, even tho his friend thought we were split up.

I was like, what, u want everyone to be rude to me suddenly??? Which of course, pissed me off. He was like, no...but how would u like it if your girl friends were chatting it up with me, after we're not together. And I see that point, but he doesnt know any of my friends as well as I know Jon. Anyway, we were just on IM. And, Jon and I specifically do not discuss my relationship with my bf...we never get into it. So given all of this, is that wrong to talk to him?

Bubbly

If it bothers him, just knock it off. I understand you both have become friends, but remember you're friends THROUGH him. So don't let it get to the point where you bf is uncomfortable.

It would be kind of weird to keep communication with his friends after you break up... especially his GUY best friend. it just sounds like bad news.

missopinionates

You can be friends with whomever you bloody well please. You are NOT chattel property -- meaning you are not either a slave or a chair -- so you can do what you like. Tell your man to get a life.