Is my boyfriend cheating on me with his ex friend with benefits?

moorecasidy

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for a little over a year now and plan on moving in together in fall. Everything between us is just perfect except for one thing he keeps texting his past

f*ck buddy.

He tried to go over one day but she ended up canceling on him. I confront him every time I find msgs which has been 5 times over the time we have been together and they are never sexual usually she never even answers him.

The text that worries me though is one night he got super drunk and I was asleep so I wasn't texting him back he was telling me he loved me and to come over. But then the next day I noticed on Facebook he also msged her saying hey yo, around the time I wasn't answering.

I don't know why he keeps trying to talk to her when things between us are ok he swears up and down that im the one for him and that he would never cheat.

Im just wondering why when he's drunk she came into his mind to try and contact her when I wasn't replying to him. I told him it was either me or her obviously he picked me but please can I get some advice on this! So confused..

Dump him. Now. He doesn't care about having a monogamous relationship with you and he will cheat everytime he gets a chance. His actions are proof of that.

If you continue to stay with him you are basically showing him that the way hes been treating you is okay. That you are willing to put up with it. Dump him now and tell him why and then go no contact for at least a few weeks. If he comes back begging set the ground rules. Tell him the next time he so much as waves at her you'll never speak to him again.

If he doesn't come back? Good riddance to bad rubbish. Dudes a cheater. And not even a good one lol.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly

Do not move in with this guy. He has shown you that he didn't pick you because he's still trying to hook up with this other girl. If he really picked you, he wouldn't be attempting to get in touch with her at all. He swears up and down that he won't cheat - what do you expect him to say? I don't know anyone who would openly admit to the possibility of infidelity. I hate to be blunt OP, but his words don't mean sh*t when his actions indicate differently. Why does he continue to contact her? How does he explain this?

Ultimately, I would not be considering a serious future with him. He doesn't sound ready to fully commit to you at this point. Don't make plans to move in with him, and ask yourself if this is really what you want - a boyfriend who still wants to contact another girl he used to have sex with.

• Like 1

This brings into serious doubt his commitment to you.

Communication with an ex-Fwb is normally to procure sex.

I think you need to take a good look at wtf your doing with this guy.

• Like 1

My ex cheated on me with one of his exes. He still had a thing for her despite them breaking up three years ago. " She is just a friend" he said. Ugh it makes me vomit that I believed his lie.

So this is a warning. If your boyfriend is still chatting to an ex then he wants sex with her.

He is still in love with her but is settling for you because she doesn't want him. I'm sorry if that hurt but you need to hear the truth. Dump him and don't ever become someones second choice.

• Like 1

There is no reason for him to keep texting her. He needs to go NO CONTACT with her, or you should leave. This is emotional cheating, and has no place in your relationship. You have the right to demand that he end all contact with her, because he is not respecting your boundaries.