My boyfriend loves Hooters.

Okay, so what do you think of Hooters? My boyfriend goes there with friends maybe 4 times a month. The thing is, the closest Hooters to his house is about an hour away. I don't see any reason to drive that far... its not because its a good restaurant. So this Friday he is going, and I'm kinda pissed because I am getting my wisdom teeth out that day, and instead of spending time with me, he is going to stare at chicks. Am I over-reacting?

billybadass36

I don't think there's anything wrong with Hooters per se...I used to go there like 1-2x a month with some guy friends, but it's no big deal. Have you ever been to Hooters? I think Hooters sucks, personally. If I want to stare at women and drink beer, I'll just go to a peeler joint. There's no way I'd be driving an hour to go to Hooters...especially when my gf is having her wisdom teeth out, but that's just me. Have you asked him why he needs to drive an hour for beers and wings? If it's centrally located between himself and his friends, then it makes more sense, but if it's a bunch of guys "road tripping" an hour to go to Hooters, then that's almost hilarious.

Hooters by itself isn't bad, in my opinion. It's girls with short shorts and low cut T-shirts. You can see a lot more by just going to the beach. Also, Hooters is known for it's great wings.

Anyway, in your situation, I don't see your boyfriend going to Hooters as a big deal but when you're getting your wisdom teeth out on the same day, that might be a little inconsiderate. Have you told him that you preferred he stay with you?

One other thing... The fact that he and his guy friends drive over an hour to the Hooters might be a bit suspicious. They must be having a really good time there if they constantly go back. Something is giving them motivation to drive over an hour to go there.

savethedrama4allama

He should be there for you when you've had your wisdom teeth removed. What a tool! You are supposed to be supervised for the first 24 hours due to anesthesia, etc.

I wonder how he'd feel if he had a surgery of sorts and that same night you and your girlfriends went on your weekly foray to "Cocks," a restaurant with waiters in little speedos.

And yes, I think its a safe bet he's going to look at girls. Why else drive an hour away when there are plenty of other restaurants around?

Unfortunately, it seems that he's not going to stop going on his own. And if you tell him to stop going, it'll be one huge fight and even if he stops, he may resent you for it.

I would say find a NEW man who cares as much about your health as eating wings and looking at boobies. It seems drastic, but this situation speaks volumes about how he will treat you in other ways as well.

LOL! I sure as hell wouldn't tip a guy to serve me hot wings while wearing a thong speedo and roller skates. :D

Violagirl, your bf is a thoughtless idiot, whether he's going to the golf course or Hooters, while you are having surgery.

Hooters isn't very racy, the food is average, the waitresses are regular, decent girls trying to make good tips off of dumb men. Who can blame them?

Hey Hey Hey nothing wrong with Hooters! I go there all the time anf get chicken wings with blue cheese!

But thats messed up. He should definitely be there to hold your hand and wipe your drool. ;)

Have you told him that your upset about him going there instead of being with you? Guyts aren't that smart they cannot take a hint you have to

S-P-E-L-L things out for them.

• Author

Thank you for responding! Ya, I have told him that I don't want him to go, and he is still going because he doesn't want to "ditch his friends"...

Originally posted by violagirl87

Thank you for responding! Ya, I have told him that I don't want him to go, and he is still going because he doesn't want to "ditch his friends"...

So he'd rather ditch you? What a great boyfriend you have! ::dripping with sarcasm:: :rolleyes:

Off topic:

I just want to say as a guy that's spent a considerable amount of time in Buffalo, NY that the wings at Hooters are a crime.

Sorry. End of rant.

Guys go to Hooters to stare at half dressed women who are smart enough to know that men are dumb enough to drop extra money since they are wearing less clothing. As I know that the waitress much as in a strip club may be flirting with them to get better tips, I would be more concern with him going to a hip bar in town with really hot women who may be there to hook up.

I am a woman and I have been to Hooters with guy friends- never a bf, but there is not much to them. Women and man stare a good looking people, and if a 6 ft tall and handsome guy would go around me w/o his shirt on, I would stare. My bf constantly make comments about other women, and instead of getting upset even if it bothers me a bit, I now stare at good looking guys and make comments about it- turn the tables on him. Though he acts like it does not bother him, I know deep down it does. HA.

Anyway, back to Hooters- good wings...no harm. The waitress flirt, but they want a good tip, no your man.

What I see wrong with this is that your bf prefers to blow you off than his friends. I wonder if he is just selfish and blowing of his friends is an excuse as he wants to party rather than having to deal with you being sick, specially Friday night. There is not excuse for his behavior-

It is hard to dump someone you care about it, and it also seems hard to find someone else...but it is not- lots of horny guys out there for you. Go out, find one!

Originally posted by savethedrama4yrmama

Wideawake, I love your "Mr. Heatmeiser"

LOL he is the best.

Word.

I'm Mister Green Christmas

I'm Mister Sun

I'm Mister Heat Blister

I'm Mister Hundred and One

They call me Heat Miser,

What ever I touch

Starts to melt in my clutch

I'm too much!

He's Mister Green Christmas

He's Mister Sun

He's Mister Heat Blister

He's Mister Hundred and One

They call me Heat Miser,

What ever I touch

He's too much!

Thank you!

I never want to see a day

That's under sixty degrees

I'd rather have it eighty,

Ninety, one hundred degrees!

(spoken)

Oh, some like it hot, but I like it

REALLY hot! Hee hee!

He's Mister Green Christmas

He's Mister Sun

Sing it!

He's Mister Heat Blister

He's Mister Hundred and One

They call me Heat Miser,

What ever I touch

I'm too much!

Too Much!

Hooters..meh no big deal. Now if it was Raisins.. 714_image_19.jpg

:p

Anyway, I'd be more pissed that he's not helping you out after your surgery, just to hang with his buddies. Having your wisdom teeth out isn't fun. Unless you like a mouthful of gauze sucking up blood and drool. At least I got out of school for a day.

A) The food is great at Hooters.

B) The girls at Hooters couldn't give a flying f*ck about the guys who go there if tips weren't involved.

C) Driving an hour to get to HOoters is pretty stupid.

Originally posted by UCFKevin

A) The food is great at Hooters.

This from a man that now lives in the land of "In-And-Out Burger"??

A sad day in culinary rankings....

I'm not all that impressed by In N Out. It's the same as Steak and Shake, basically.

But any day where I have no Chick Fil A around me is a horribly sad day in culinary rankings.

I'm not all that impressed by In N Out.

Blashphemy!

It's the same as Steak and Shake, basically.

Hmmm...something new for me to try next time I hit the west coast.

You guys have "Loco Pollo" as well right? Kind of a mex/salad/grilled chicken place?

Damn fast food in CA...so good...so good.