Talking to girls?? Help please!

Hello, my name is Max. I'm in high school right now, and I have some trouble with women.

For the most part, I consider myself decent looking, if not, fortunate looking. I'm not to the point of where masses of girls would scream my name, but I still feel good looking for the most part. I would also consider myself the shivelrous type- but I can't really prove it since I have never had a girlfriend.

I had luck with girls a while ago, the girls seemed to come to me a lot- before I even went through puberty, but I didn't necesarily like girls yet. Now, I REALLY care about my looks, I've had crisises over what to wear, and what girls will think of me. I do everything I can to look better...suck it in more, walk taller, and even to the point where I adjust my face a little.

Now I'm completely missing on telling you guys the point, sorry.

There's a girl last year who I liked a lot, and this year I like her even more. I had the perfect chance to ask her out- just her and me at lunch talking by ourselves, I even got the mood and sentences all right but I just couldn't do it! Do I have some sort of anxiety that I'll be judged? That she won't want to be friends with me again? I doubt she would be the one to ask me out, either. She doesn't seem like the type that would ask someone else out.

But now I'm more worried, I have no classes with her at all this year, and my only time to talk to her is in between classes for a split second, or at lunch.

The only hint I would have that she likes me, is that I find her looking at me when I turn to look at her. I also passed her by today, and looked back about 1 second after I passed her, she was looking back too, I'm pretty sure of it. She often says hello to me, but I can't think of anything better than "Hey."

Please help, I wan't to be able to talk to her- and girls in general more easily. I tried advice given to me to talk to women, but I can never seem to use it correctly. What do I do?

:laugh: : She likes you, or at least, she doesn't not like you.

:) : Here's what I'm willing to do. I will bet you a dollar that if, the next time you catch up with her, you talk to her about things she's interested in, get to know her a bit, and ask her if she wants to do (__something___) on (___some date/time___), she will be interested. At the very worst, she'll decline and you'll be a dollar richer. Most importantly, there's no social downfall of being rejected. It's good practice, it stops your hang-up on this girl, and you're doing what you're supposed to do, taking an interest in girls. Any pal who could potentially razz you would have to have a list handy of the girls he's tried at recently, thereof debasing your razzing. Don't be afraid of losing her friendship either, as you're really not interested in a platonic friendship, and any attempt to resign to one would be a concession on your part.

• Author

Thanks for the advice. The real problem is that I'm shy around girls I really like. I wish there was some way to fix that. I'll try to force myself to talk to her.