He told me this about his wife?

I'msolostatthemoment

My lawyer and I are friends. We get on well together. He helped me win my lawsuit which was the most traumatic time in my life. He has flirted with me, complimented me, stared at me, and on two occasions told me he liked me. I never said anything to him as I was in shock, and didn't know what to say, as he is my lawyer, and I know he is married. I called into his office before Christmas to thank him for winning my lawsuit for me, and to say Happy Christmas to him and his staff, who I know and are always nice to me. I have been in a crisis earlier this year, and he helped me, and is always helpful and nice to me. Anyways, when I called into his office at Christmas, I was talking to him for a few minutes, and then his wife called him. In the few years I have known him he has never mentioned his wife. On this occasion, he came off his phone, and said in a p*ssed off sort of tone in his voice "Yes, what she says, must be obeyed". I didn't know what to say, but its also not my business, so I just looked down. He looked at me to see my reaction when he said this about his wife. Why did he say this to me about his wife? Was he mad or upset at her, and maybe wanted to talk to someone about it? I have known him for years and he has never mentioned her. Any advice, or opinions please? Thanks

ExpatInItaly
My lawyer and I are friends. We get on well together. He helped me win my lawsuit which was the most traumatic time in my life. He has flirted with me' date=' complimented me, stared at me, and on two occasions told me he liked me. I never said anything to him as I was in shock, and didn't know what to say, as he is my lawyer, and I know he is married. I called into his office before Christmas to thank him for winning my lawsuit for me, and to say Happy Christmas to him and his staff, who I know and are always nice to me. I have been in a crisis earlier this year, and he helped me, and is always helpful and nice to me. Anyways, when I called into his office at Christmas, I was talking to him for a few minutes, and then his wife called him. In the few years I have known him he has never mentioned his wife. On this occasion, he came off his phone, and said in a p*ssed off sort of tone in his voice "Yes, what she says, must be obeyed". I didn't know what to say, but its also not my business, so I just looked down. He looked at me to see my reaction when he said this about his wife.[b'] Why did he say this to me about his wife? Was he mad or upset at her, and maybe wanted to talk to someone about it?[/b] I have known him for years and he has never mentioned her. Any advice, or opinions please? Thanks

He was annoyed with her. You said you already know he likes you; are you seeking confirmation of that from us by telling us this story? I'm not sure what kind of advice you're seeking. You shouldn't really care what his comment means because he is married. Do not get involved with him. You don't really have a reason to speak to him much now, as your lawsuit is already done. I assume you're going to stop communicating with him regularly now?

• Like 1

until he divorces her, keep away, ask him to come back if/when he is single or volunteer to be a side-piece, he would leave her if she is all that bad, but he has not

• Like 1
what_a_blonde
until he divorces her, keep away, ask him to come back if/when he is single or volunteer to be a side-piece, he would leave her if she is all that bad, but he has not

YES.

Don't ever think that just because a married man is venting, and that you know he is interested in you, that is your clue to swoop right in and counsel him on his problems.

Its not right that he's shown interest in you, but that's besides the point and someone has to be the bigger person before it starts spiraling downward.

This is where big issues start... and how you find yourself as a frequent visitor to the LoveShack.org forums in the future when it goes downhill :p