Just wanted some advice :)

My boyfriend spent time with friends last night and they played a game together. I saw a picture of a girl feeding him on a spoon and drawing on him (part of game). I know is part of the game but it made me a little jealous. I told him how made me feel but maybe should have done without outburst lol. He doesn't seem to understand bothers me as they are like his family to him and then we got into an arguement. Am I right to be jealous? (I do get jealous easily) We are.in a long distance relationship and I trust and love him, but I just get bothered by pics like this.. maybe it's the fear of losing him..

Appreciate any advice. I'm 21, he's 26.

Edited by Very soon

A friend's dad gave her this advice and it's has help me as well. "Jealousy ruins relationships. It's like rubbing salt on a wound, just makes matters worst."

• Like 1

Jealousy is a natural human emotion. It's also very easy to get jealous in an LDR b/c she's there & you're not. The key is to not let it control you which is easier said than done. They call it the green eyed monster for a reason.

I probably would have been jealous too but I would have shared that with my BF differently, not in an outburst. Calmly make him aware that you wanted to be the one feeding him & drawing on him, not to mention hugging & kissing him.

Would you have felt as strongly had you been there playing the game? If yes, you need to learn to control your jealousy b/c it's going to consume you & ruin this & every other relationship you ever have. Jealousy does not equal love; it equals immaturity & insecurity. If you would have been OK had you been there, blame it on the distance, control it in the future & move forward.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you very much for your advice. Yes after reflecting I realise I shouldn't have expressed it in an outburst..

I'm going to tell him my feelings in a nice way like you say.

You are completely right. I think it's also because I feel this girl is prettier and more confident than me , but will try and work on it and my self-esteem Thanks again.

My boyfriend spent time with friends last night and they played a game together. I saw a picture of a girl feeding him on a spoon and drawing on him (part of game). I know is part of the game but it made me a little jealous.
I would be pissed if I saw pictures of my wife being feed and drawn on by another man as she played this game. It is OK to be jealous when you have a right to be jealous. I call bull to this being just an innocent game. Many games are dating games designed to help establish physical keno (Google "keno touching") and to promote comfort with intimacy between players. Any game that has another women feeding your boyfriend and drawing on him is such a dating game. He should not be playing these kinds of games with other women any more than he should be playing spin the bottle with them. If he wants to play an innocent game with them, try chess or charades.
  • Like 1