Should I believe his phone stories and how slow is too slow?

tropical dreamz

There's this guy I just started talking to. "john" however, was originally intrested in my cousin before he met me and found out she had a boyfriend anyways. This situation in itself is a little awkward. He also says he will call me and never does. Well half the time he does. He tells me his phone got turned off his cell and house phone which is a little strange and he only calls my cell from private numbers :confused: his reasoning is because they are not his numbers and he doesnt want me calling his friends back, even though I never intended too. I dont know if I should give him a chance or not I have not dated in a while so maybe im being too demanding? I really dont know. He is attractive and that is the main reason I am still talking to him, :p he says he is intrested in me and wouldnt waste his time if he wasnt. The other thing is I need some advice on telling him how to "chill" when it comes to kissing. I learned realtionships are better for me if I take things slow. The first time me and "john" hung out alone we tapped kissed. I was fine wiht that but he wasnt and then thought I wasnt intrested in him. Is there a way to tell him I want to take things slow without sounding too childish because he is older then me or am I the slow one?

SingleInTheCity

Sounds like he's got a situation - married/involved with someone. Very typical signs of an involved man. And if kissing bothers you tell him straight up and who cares if you appear childish - set your boundaries and don't deter from them.

Take care.

Sorry, but what is 'tapped kissed'? :confused:

You are not being too demanding. His behavior should be raising red flags for you. I personally think it's a very bad sign when one person is in control of contact. He is, since you are unable to contact him, but he can call you. His hiding the numbers he's calling from is strange, too.

You haven't been out of the dating pool so long that you can't figure out how you feel. You're obviously troubled by his behavior, so drop him and move on. It's too early in a relationship for you to have to deal with these problems.

"He is attractive and that is the main reason I am still talking to him"-this is a very weak reason for overlooking bad behavior.

Unlucky In Love

Someone said: "He is attractive and that is the main reason I am still talking to him"-this is a very weak reason for overlooking bad behavior.

Hey, it's never stopped me.

If he is not letting you call him it's probably because he has a wife and kids at home. I hate to say it, but he's probably cheating on someone.

Do you know anything about where he works or lives? You are right to take it slow with so many red flags.

I would do some serious snooping before getting too close to this man.