i think im jealous of your girlfriend.....

okay, i am a really jealous person. and i have been going out with my boyfriend for four months now. but before he met me and for the first few months of our relationship, he had a friend named ashley. whom he also had a crush on for a short while. now besides me, he loves his car. and i remember when i first got in his car he was so nice and he was like 'im so happy we are going out because you look so great in my car' and of course i was flatered. but i later figured out that he had also said this to Ashley (before he met me tho), who i had been previously very mad at/jealous of because she told him he spent too much time with me and called me a bitch, when she has never even met me. i confronted him about saying this about her as well. and he told me he didnt say it to her, he had sed it to his friend. i thought that it was even worse because that means that he had been talking about her and maybe thinking about her the same way he thinks about me. and i just felt really crappy. so how do u think i can stop being so jealous. is it just me? or does it seem like something i should be jealous about..idk..this is prob a stupid topic. lol ohh well

thanks if u can help..

average guy

Well, i know guys love their cars (and sometimes girls just love guys for their car! :) but if I was dating a guy who called me a bitch and said "he was like 'im so happy we are going out because you look so great in my car" I don't think I would be worried about being jealous, I would be dumping his a$$!

Just my 2 cents worth :)

Good luck

Olivia_19742004

Jealousy can perpetuate communication problems. It appears as though the things you're worrying about really aren't things to worry about. There were women before you and there may even be women after you. Your boyfriend shouldn't be held accountable for what he said regarding another woman before you two even started dating. The more you continue to display unfair jealousy the more you make it difficult for him to talk to you.

It appears as though Ashley is exhibiting the same jealous behavior as you are and honestly it's really none of your business what he did or said about Ashley before the two of you met. He's a human being not object. He has a right to his privacy like everyone else. Don't worry about Ashley until there's really something to worry about. Focusing on what he felt or said before he met you isn't going to help your relationship with him grow into something stronger. Be the better person and show him that you respect him and trust him.

However, I would have to agree the comment about being glad you're going out because your look good in his car is rather demeaning.

• Author
Originally posted by amanda25

Your with him, shes not, so don't worry about it!!

haha thanks..

yeah i understand that it was all before he even met me. so im happy you guys made me realize that. its just that im a jealous person. but im starting to see that i am really wrong for getting jealous over that. and if i just stop being jealous and let Ashley keep saying stuff about me. then he will know its right that he is with me, and not her because she'll look like the jealous fool. :)

thank you