girlfriend getting flirted with ?

I wonder if anyone could tell me if this is normal or not, basically my girlfriend gets hit on quite a lot, im fine with that unless they know she has a boyfriend they have done nothing wrong approaching a good looking woman. I actually enjoy that people ook at her whilst we are out i find it very satisfying knowing that people are looking at the girl im with. Obviously within reason, there have been a few times when people have said things or shouted things and i think thats a bit disrespectful but usually from young guys with no class.

The one thing that bothers me is my girlfriend tells me about people who hit on her, I'm not the most jealous guy in the world but im not immune to it either and i dont really like hearing about it. I fully trust her and trust that she like me is faithful so i just dont really think about blokes hitting on her, I'm obviously aware this will happen when she is out with her girlfriends on nights out ect. I wouldn't dream of saying that to her just because i wouldnt want her to feel bad not because i hide things from her. I think some things in relationships just go without saying, you dont expect your partner to cheat it goes without saying, I expect people to hit on you youre very beautiful but i'd rather not know about it unless its something very innapropriate they think you should know.

is this normal or am i being a bit over jealous? I've mentioned it casually saying i find it a compliment but that you don't have to tell me everything that happens if you think i might take it the wrong way because i trust you.

So you do not want her to tell you about it when it happens? My question to her would be why are you telling me? Is she trying to make you jealous? Does she need more attention from you?

Everyone says it here: comunication. Just ask her in a nice way like "I appreciate you sharing this with me, I don't need to know, though I am happy to listen. Is there a reason you want to share this with me?"

• Author

basically yeah i would rather she didn't tell me unless it was something she thought i should know or something important. I give her lots of attention, treat her like a princess. I think it does seem odd but it may be down to a conversation we had previously where i mentioned we didnt seem as close as some couples, calling as much and sharing details about our days ect. this wasn't me complaining, we both have limited relationship experience well of healthy ones anyway so i wasn't getting at i wanted to know everything.

I will mention it but just wondered if everyone else thought this was normal or not as i say i tend to think there are lots of things that just go without saying in a relationship and not making the other feel in any way insecure i think is on that list. I have been known to take things the wrong way though so needed a second opinion. thank you

AverageCat

My question is why would you not want to hear about it? Again that just shows that our girl is telling you everything. And also makes for a good topic of convo.