Should I let the past be the past?

My boyfriend of 2 years and I broke up and we got back together. It was still kind of rocky when we first got back together because he still wasn't being affectionate towards me. But last night he called, sounding really happy, asking me to go out on a double date with his friend and we end up having a great night.

However.. I was really curious to what he've been up to during our breakup because he kept making it seem like the break was to get his life together and that he truly meant what he said when he said he wants me and only me when he got his things together in the future.

I went through his phone and saw that he was talking to his friend about how he saw these two hot girls and how 'thick' they were. This hurts me because during our relationship he has always said he like the way my body is and doesn't need me to have a big ass and whatever.

The second thing I saw was that 2 days before we got back together, he was texting a girl and obviously flirting with her and asking her out. I don't see any more texts after that night so I can't really say he cheated on me when we got back together. This hurts me because over the break he keeps reassuring me that the break is for him getting his life together, no other things such as getting with other girls.

But now I feel horrible. I know I shouldn't have checked his phone. At the same time, it showed me another side of him.

Should I not worry because maybe this is just how normal guys act when they're single and that all that matters now is that he's happy being with me again? Or should I take this as a red flag?

Betterthanthis13

I think if you broke up its fair to assume he was talking to other girls during that time and its really none of your business unless he is continuing to speak to them now that you are back together. You shouldn't be going through his phone playing detective.

Why don't you trust him?

• Like 1
My boyfriend of 2 years and I broke up and we got back together. It was still kind of rocky when we first got back together because he still wasn't being affectionate towards me. But last night he called, sounding really happy, asking me to go out on a double date with his friend and we end up having a great night.

However.. I was really curious to what he've been up to during our breakup because he kept making it seem like the break was to get his life together and that he truly meant what he said when he said he wants me and only me when he got his things together in the future.

I went through his phone and saw that he was talking to his friend about how he saw these two hot girls and how 'thick' they were. This hurts me because during our relationship he has always said he like the way my body is and doesn't need me to have a big ass and whatever.

The second thing I saw was that 2 days before we got back together, he was texting a girl and obviously flirting with her and asking her out. I don't see any more texts after that night so I can't really say he cheated on me when we got back together. This hurts me because over the break he keeps reassuring me that the break is for him getting his life together, no other things such as getting with other girls.

But now I feel horrible. I know I shouldn't have checked his phone. At the same time, it showed me another side of him.

Should I not worry because maybe this is just how normal guys act when they're single and that all that matters now is that he's happy being with me again? Or should I take this as a red flag?

I think in all fairness you guys were broken up, so whatever he does during the break-up is really none of your business especially when you guys weren't even technically back together at all now were you? And now that you are back together, has he showed any signs of straying away? If he hasn't, then I think you should leave the past where it is and move on together as a couple making your relationship stronger

• Like 1
JustAReformedGirl

Just because he was getting his life together, doesn't mean he wasn't taking notice of other females. I know it's hard to stomach sometimes, but even in a solid, happy relationship, guys will glance at other women, and women will glance at other men. It's sort of a reflex thing. If they look for too long (or they're inconsiderate, and look at other women while you're standing right next to them) then it's a cause for concern.

You shouldn't have snooped through his phone, yet I understand why you did; you were feeling insecure.

However, he is back with you, and unless he starts doing or saying things that send off warning sirens in your head, I wouldn't worry about it. Also when guys talk to each other, they talk about other girls; after all, girls do it, too. I know; I hang out with guys, and I'm seen as one of them, so I'm privy to their conversations often, lol. Don't read too much into it, okay?

I wouldn't bring it up to him, because he'll likely be upset you went through his phone. Just focus on your relationship with him, and sort through any issues that come up as they come.

Just because he was getting his life together, doesn't mean he wasn't taking notice of other females. I know it's hard to stomach sometimes, but even in a solid, happy relationship, guys will glance at other women, and women will glance at other men. It's sort of a reflex thing. If they look for too long (or they're inconsiderate, and look at other women while you're standing right next to them) then it's a cause for concern.

You shouldn't have snooped through his phone, yet I understand why you did; you were feeling insecure.

However, he is back with you, and unless he starts doing or saying things that send off warning sirens in your head, I wouldn't worry about it. Also when guys talk to each other, they talk about other girls; after all, girls do it, too. I know; I hang out with guys, and I'm seen as one of them, so I'm privy to their conversations often, lol. Don't read too much into it, okay?

I wouldn't bring it up to him, because he'll likely be upset you went through his phone. Just focus on your relationship with him, and sort through any issues that come up as they come.

I agree with what she said and that goes double for me because everything she just said is true especially if you look at it from a male's perspective and I know because I'm a guy