6th sense over colleague kicks in - but with some reason

thinkinghurtsmyhead

I have a strong relationship with my SO, i have no reason to doubt him and he spends most of his time with me, we have a couple of nights a week apart to do our own thing.

Last Tuesday, he finished a big project at work, went out to celebrate with colleagues to a club. he turned up at my house at 1.30am and let himself in with a key id given him for emergencies. Hes never done this before, he was very drunk and said his cell wasnt working and hed been trying to get through to me all night, that he HAD to see me and hed got a cab 20 miles to sleep next to me. i was delighted to see him and we chatted for a while before falling asleep.

He told me hed left the club without saying goodbye and should call those he was with to apologise.

roll onto yesterday, he had a fading bruise on his side that i noticed and asked him about. he said a girl at work, isabella, had done it. he then said unpromted that she was 'a dragon' then without me saying anything, said 'it was her i was with on tuesday night'. i didnt say anthing at the time, thought i was being a little nervous for no reason. But then today i recalled that we went away with friends to the countryside recently, and one of his friends said 'remember when we came here with bella ...(something non related)'

the friends comment i cant be 100% sure i heard right, and it was before i had heard of her so i wasnt on the look out.

i dont think hes being unfaithful - his passion is too honest in general, he may have just wanted to avert any fledgling jealousy by not mentioning her on tuesday night before and saying she is 'a dragon', my gut is that maybe there was a little flirting intent there on tuesday night, but he freaked and fled to my house, or that she has the hots for him - maybe due to a past relationship/fling. i know nothing of his past relationships as a little info pushes me into overdrive and hes never done anything to make me think hes anything other than 100% comitted - but my spider senses are tingling. i am concerned he implied yesterday that there was just the 2 of them at the club, shes obviously having some physical contact with him. if hed just said where hed been i wouldnt have found it worrying, but he omitted this info - i am hoping to save my feelings. (btw, historically, i am not one to be too possessive - but he is sensitive to the fact i could be). since tuesday he hasnt left my side, guilty conscience? or that hes finished the big project and has more free time? i am not a fortune teller either, and i know you cant give me that answer.

what are your opinions? and how should i deal with this? i genuinely hope you tell me to stop being silly. maybe shes tried something with him, and sent him fleeing to my house, or maybe his guilty conscience sent him running back to me after they shared a drunken kiss. now i am getting myself in a bit of a tiz.

Sarah_J_uk

maybe she tried it on with him, tried to kiss him? still to me it sounds like he thinks a whole lot about you. I know that i don't actually know either of you but it sounds like your relationship is strong. Theres no harm in asking him if anything happened, it would stop you from worrying and let you get on with your life.