If ur girlfriend did not drink, would you trust her more?

I despise alcohol and all my trust issues with my girlfriend revolve around that putrid substance.

When I was in a relationship, whether I drank or didn't would not be a determining point on whether I would be faithful or not. If anyone uses 'drinking' as an excuse to cheat....it's lame as hell.

I agree...I ve heard a few people who've tried to blame there cheating on alcohol..when really it's cause there not happy...

tattoomytoe
Originally posted by nitram100

If ur girlfriend did not drink, would you trust her more?

I despise alcohol and all my trust issues with my girlfriend revolve around that putrid substance.

funny, my bf has trust issues with me, and they all revolve around reefer.

AngelicDevl

I feel your pain, but in a different way. My soon to be ex husband was addicted to weed. He smoked it every day first thing in the morning and many more times throughout the day. He smoked it before work(a low paying dead end job that he refused to leave because he didnt really have to do work), before he left the house, before family functions, even right before our wedding ceremony (which i didnt find out til after the fact). The trust issues were a big part of why we are getting divorced. It wasnt that I had trust issues like I thought he would cheat on me. I had trust issues like I couldnt trust him to do everyday things like pay the bills, take care of the dogs, remember to run errands, etc. He claimedmany times that he was quitting but every time that lasted only a couple days. I finally saw that my life was never going to change if I remained with him so I decided I wanted out. He was mad and said he would quit again, but I just didnt believe him anymore. I couldnt risk believing him again only to have him go back to his old habits, which would be twice as bad once there were children involved because when I have kids, I dont want that stuff in the house. He is still mad at me but I dont care. I no longer have to worry about him getting busted with it or killing someone because he had to drive after smoking it. He drank alot too (alcoholism runs in his family) and we had gotten in many fights while he was innebriated and would come after me and I'd have tolock myself in a room to keep him out. He's punched thru a car window to get at me while high and also broke thru a door while high for the same reason: all because I didnt want to be near him while he was drunk, high, and acting like a fool.

If your girlfriend cant handle her alcohol and cheats or does other things oif that sort while drunk, get out and get out now. Unless she stops drinking completely, that leopard wont change her spots and she'll do it again eventually when she's drunk enough. If you stay in now, you're just setting yourself up for a fall. If you tell her you're leaving her and why, and she still doesnt get it, then you shouldnt be with her in the first place.

Originally posted by tattoomytoe

So...your avatar is a 'smoked' turkey???? TFF!

Originally posted by tattoomytoe

He's scared you may catch a buzz and eat all of the good food in the house huh?

Yeah....I know how that is. Sometimes I just have to talk myself down, "Oreos are not love, pizza will not make you feel good about yourself, etc..."

Sometimes it's tough.

Sometimes it's delivery.