The EX Factor.

I wish this issue would go away in my head, but it just refuses to.

When I met my girlfriend a yr and 1/2 ago, she told me stories of how all of her exes cheated on her and used her; one woman stole her checkbook and would write checks out to herself.. and cheated, and the young girl she dated before me (the girl was either 20 or 21 and my girlfriend was in her late 30s) stopped seeing her because her 'mommy and God said that it wasn't right to be in a lesbian relationship'.

I caught her cellphone and went through it back in December and saw that she still keeps in touch with these women through text message and phone call.. and has even told the one that stole money from her that she loves her (she told me that she really doesn't love her.. yeah, okay), and they "periodically" send her texts messages just to see how she's doing, and they are friends with her on facebook. And I noticed that through their exchanges, I was never acknowledged, nor did she ever state that she is in a relationship.

... But my girlfriend claims that there's "nothing there, and everyone has moved on."

I can't for the life of me believe that. I have tried, but I found all this out 2 months ago, but I still think that she has an emotional connection with the two.

She asked me to marry her 2 months before I found all this out. I'm hurt and lost. She says that they don't talk at all, but why would the situation change suddenly? I don't even think her exes still know that she is in a relationship.. or ENGAGED.

I just don't know what to believe. Advice is welcomed.

She is extremely dishonest to you. You would be foolish to marry her. Judge people by their actions and not by their words. Good luck.

• Author
She is extremely dishonest to you. You would be foolish to marry her. Judge people by their actions and not by their words. Good luck.

Thank you. Our marriage date was for March 1, but I told her that it wasn't going to happen then. Now I just need the courage to walk away from the relationship, totally.

I've been in a similar situation.

I found the day to day wondering what was the TRUTH to much.

The sleeping with one eye open feeling never went away. She was good at lying and against my gut, i gave her the benefit of the doubt since i didnt have proof. U do however. In the end I caught her in a blatant lie that finally was the last straw.

I chose honest girls now, and those that have the appearance of being honest, not liars.

Edited by Joaquin