I have been with my girlfriend for a year and love her very much. For some stupid reason I can't get over her past love life. Recently she has had a problem making love to me (blames it on the birth control patch, she says she lost her desire), but for some reason in my head its something with me. I know she has slept with other guys but I feel that she has filled whatever sexual desires she had before me with these other guys and either she had a bad experience or she is just tired of it and she dosen't want to do anything with me now. Any suggestions how I can get over her past and any remarks from women about birth control and low sex drive? Thanks

I doesn't seem to me like you are the one who needs to get over anything. Either SHE is having problems with her past or she isn't sexually attracted to you. Either way, unless she has a change of heart, there really isn't much you can do but remain in a relationship which isn't sexually fulfilling for you or move on.

You can't FIX this for her. She has to address it and fix it for herself.

catspajamas

I was effected by medication and felt all the wants and all the needs but couldn't, for the life of me, orgasm. Medication can be tricky, maybe she could see her gyno about a medicine with less dosage...

What if she changed birth control? Have you asked her. Different amounts and combos of the hormones (estrogen,progesteron, androgens) can lead to mood swings, weight gain, and lack of sexual desire, and a host of other problems. She needs to go to the gyno and get this changed and find what works for her. Also, is she taking any other medication? It might be some other med and not the patch. If she agrees to go to the gyno and take care of this problem then everything should be allright. If she refuses to go, then you have a problem. This really doesn't have anything to do with her past, so don't be questioning yourself.

Medication can definately have impacts.

The pill lowers my libido...and so has the anti-depressants I am currently taking...also making it hard to orgasm.

Usually I am highly sexual, but this had made a change.

So, while it may be her issue, it's also your issue I think. You could be taking things on yourself, because of your own insecurities with her past or whatever, which you don't need to. Have a think about whether your feelings are grounded in reality or not.