Please help- I have Springer drama

MalibuAshlee

OK here is the deal. I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and we live together now. Before we started dating he hooked up with this girl for about 2 months, nothing really serious, just sex. Well, when we started dating she decides that she wants to hook up with his 16 yr old little brother (my boyfriend is 24, I am 21) which is just disgusting. Well, its been a year and they are still together! He knows I don't want to be around her, because of the nature of their relationship, and his brother has kept us a pretty good ways away from each other..until now. Now at every family event she is there and I just can't deal with it because I can't see her without seeing him and her together. Its also embarrassing because she has such a bad reputation and she's really unintelligent. My boyfriends family has money and everyone assumes she is with him because of that. I really love my boyfriend's family but I am miserable being around them with her there. What do I do??

Fedup&givingup

First off, I don't see anything really "Jerry Springer" about this story (although that title is what caught my attention LOL).

I can see where you are coming from, but is part of your disgust over this girl due to the fact that she had sex with your boyfriend, and that you feel threatened by her?

The brother's relationship to someone older is really not THAT big of a deal. I'm thinking this whole thing for you is really based around you feeling threatened and possibly inadequate by this other girl/woman.

If your boyfriend's family are comfortable with their son dating her, then so be it. I guess you could try to avoid going to the family functions as often, but then you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Springer Drama????

What a cool explanation of a relationship. I have "Springer Syndrome"....which is prone to bring on "Springer Drama". hahahaha!

As for HER choice of 16 year olds.....can anyone say 'jail bait'?????

• Author
MalibuAshlee

my disgust came from the fact that someone could sleep with someone and then turn around and sleep with their brother (but the fact that there is a 7 yr age difference in them does seem strange. he's a sophmore in high school...) I guess I think that there is an unwritten rule that you keep it out of the immediate family. And his family doesn't like her, they encourage him to stay away from her.

Sophomore in high school w/ a girl 7 yrs older? Thats disgusting! I could see 2 yrs, maybe 3, but 7?? Anonymously tell the D.A., they'll be on her arse pretty quick.

befuddled11

I'm Canadian, don't profess to know U.S. law....and I do know that laws can vary there from state to state, but I'd be curious to know what the laws are in *that* state, re: statuatory rape. He's obviously a "minor", no? And she's an adult? She's obviously trailer trash in a big way.....not just to be dating/sleeping with a kid....but also because she "had" his older brother in the past. Yuck. Wonder if she's doing that just to p*ss off your boyfriend (her ex)??

I believe it is statuatory rape in the U.S. Anyone under the age of 18. You should check it out MalibuAshlee with your local Police department. Once you find out for sure, you could make an anonymous phone call. :D

Originally posted by priscilla

I believe it is statuatory rape in the U.S. Anyone under the age of 18. You should check it out MalibuAshlee with your local Police department. Once you find out for sure, you could make an anonymous phone call. :D

Nein. All depends on the jurisdiction they're in. age of consent