I Hooked Up With My Ex's Brother...

confused411

Here it goes... my ex and i are in a band together. we broke up a month and a half ago on not too good of terms. He wanted to get back with me and i refused because i felt he was not treating me fairly and I didn't feel like he truly was in love with me. He decided to take a trip out of state for the last month and a half and has just recently returned.

Come to find out a few days ago that he had been screwing around on me for almost 5 months.. and not JUST cheating on me with anyone BUT cheating on me with one of my good friends (****in H*e), his excuse i found out from one of his friends was because I am a virgin and would not give it up so he had to be with a woman. So obviously i am very enraged at this betrayal. However, I am not that high above him as of right now.

Tonight I cried on his brother's shoulder and his brother ended up admitting he has feelings for me. I wil confess I have had feelings and a very strong attraction to him for a long time, I just never in a million years would act on it. Anyways his brother and I ended up hooking up tonight. It is a very twisted web, i do not know what i got myself into and how to get out (or if i can considering i already entrapped myself). I still immensely care for my ex and am very upset at what happened. Even though i am pissed i do not know if i should stoop this far down to his level and especially if i should get involved with his brother (even though i do realize that i care alot for him.. i know i sound very confused) who might i say is ALSO IN MY BAND! I do not want to screw up everything and have all this drama in my life. Can someone please give me some advice?? Should I just act on my impulse?.. Should I avoid all the drama and stay away from both of them with no exceptions? Should I find another band???

Find another band. There are way too many guys in this world to complicate your life and hurt a lot of people by staying in the middle of what oould turn out to be your worst nightmare. You have my unconditional guarantee that if he hasn't been told already, you ex will oneday find out about this experience with his brother. Of couse, if he's pissed it may make no difference to you by then but it will play havoc for the band.

The aggravation and chaos of what will follow is not worth being with some guy unless you're into industrial strength drama.

sportsloving

I think you should sell your story to a soap~opera. Wowsers. Find a new band, find a new guy, and never ever date band members again... it doesn't sound as if it could ever come of good to stay in the band, even if you don't persue the brother, you will have ill feelings towards the ex... and it will cause the music to suffer and the all sort of uglies. And that be my contribution to the music world :rolleyes:

Best of luck to you! And when your new band hits the big time, and you are a multi-millionaire... you can call the ex and say Nahhh Nahhh! (I know, so mature but so funny too)

Find a new band today and keep your distance from the brothers. Things seem to have gone from bad to worse and you don't need that. Sportsloving is right when she said to not date other band members. This way you avoid drama like this and having to leave another band. Good luck.

sportsloving
Sportsloving is right when he said to not date other band members.

I had a sex change! LMAO, Sportsloving is a she, but her advice is still good!

Oops. Sorry about that.. I think I was misled by your quote at that end. It should be fixed now. :)

confused411

Thanx for the advice guys. I guess you are right. I should avoid the drama and find a new band, but I love the band.. that is the music we create, and I've already put a year and a half into it with them. I'm so confused, I guess the only way to tell how things are going to work out is to let time take its toll. I know I definitely need to steer clear of any more relationships within the band, and I feel like a weak minded female for saying this but it's easier said then done. Well I guess if all else fails I could write the script for a new soap opera. Take care.