Falling for the boss, much older than me...

hopeless_secretary

I am absolutely hopeless when it comes to love. I tend to get crushes easily, and the older I get, they seem to get stronger, and a lot more painful.

I've been working as a secretary in an office for nearly 4 months now, and over that time I've been feeling more and more attracted to my boss, who incidentally, is a LOT older. Of course that brings around a lot of weird looks and comments, which is why I've only told a select few people I actually know, the one's I know would support me.

I'm very inexperienced when it comes to relationships, I'm 19 years old, overweight (which I believe is holding me back, so I'm slowly losing weight), and I always let my thoughts run away from me, I build up my hopes so much that it hurts so much more when I get rejected. This time though, I'm starting to wonder, I keep getting looks from him and the little things he says seem different, as if he is interested in me.

As I said before, he is a lot older, but he isn't married or anything, so I wouldn't be ruining a marriage (which I would hate to do to someone), and I really am attracted to him, and I was hoping that I could possibly get a few hints on how to flirt (as I said, very inexperienced here) with him, subtly let him know how I feel, but not build my hopes up like I usually do. Any responses are welcome, even to tell me to get over myself (I've had that a lot too :-S )

sportsloving

Rarely do work place romances work out. And when they fizzle, it makes the work place a difficult place to be.

I would keep my feelings (crush or otherwise) to myself. If he is truly interested, he will let you know. And then ask yourself if having a relationship with him is worth losing your job (quitting, getting fired, or it being uncomfortable).

Best wishes~