Retroactive Jealousy

Here is my situation:

We are both 22 and I am absolutely in love with this girl and she is in love with me. I wouldn't consider myself a jealous person at all except for the past few months. I lost my virginity to her and she claims she did as well but I have my doubts. We have been dating for one year and things are going pretty fast.

My girlfriend has always said she only wanted to be in a serious relationship with a virgin. I have "hooked up" with two other girls before in which I refused to have sex as I wanted to lose it with someone special.

Throughout the months I keep learning about her past history with guys. Turns out, almost all 9 guys that I have now heard about she still hangs out with. I see pictures of her than them in collages all over her room. There are pictures on facebook where she is obviously drunk hanging all over these guys.

I was able to get past all of this throughout the year. Well last week one day she left her phone at home while going to be gone all day. Suddenly I felt the urge to go read the text messages with her and her best friend near when I met her to see what she was saying when we first met. I was expecting things I would be smiling about....

Turns out I was wrong. The jealousy has now beeen eating me.

I read a text about 2 weeks into dating

"i feel like being a slut and going in a slutty rampage. I might have to resort to calling Ryan... Dun Dun"

Then 2 weeks later 3 days before we became official boyfriend/girlfriend

"Adam sent me a drunk text last night. Basically wanted to hook up..... I would hook up with him in a second haha"

A part of me just wants to go out and do what I missed out on (multiple hookups). Before I was shy and insecure, but about a month before I met her I really came out of my shell.

Am I really overreacting about this? Jealousy is the worst feeling I have ever felt. :/

You are not jealous. She lied to you at the beginning of the relationship. Your reaction is right. Ask her about it and see how see reacts. It will tell you if she is the "one" yo are looking for

I am wandering if you told her about going thru her phone? To me that is just a massive no no. Peer preasure can have people saying stupid things just to impress, going through someone things can always and usually does go wrong. Talk to her!

• Author

I did not tell her I was looking through her phone. I know it was wrong to look through her phone but I was just looking through her best friends chat history near the time we met. I was interested in what he said about me like "I met this really awesome cute guy" or something like that. Instead I find these text messages I posted in the original post. It really crushed me.

The last few days it's hard for me to have sex with her.

off topic kinda, but this came to me...

you are young. i suggest not getting married until after 35. take your time, there is no hurry. you have plenty of time for that.

I agree with the last post. You are too young to be in a serious LTR and she is too immature as well.

Im sorry if this offends you but it sounds like your girl is a total slut. I would look for somebody with a tad more morals and self control.

Or you could just use her like she used those other guys and stay emotionally unatached from her. But from the sound of it, you are incapable of doing that so I would just bail. If she asks why, I would just be honest with her about it. Your and her values clash and her moral compass is too off kilter for you.