Ex got a new gf. but still calls me and flirts with me at work...

Someone explain things to me..

My bf, breaks up with me... goes to another girl, with who I find out he was cheating with...

But he still calls me everyday to talk to me for hours... invites me to go to the movies and keeps flirting with me at work all the time... trying to give me a massage.. telling me how pretty I am and how much he wants me...

What is his deal?

• Author

All of this is confusing me... He cheated on me and is not dating that girl, why call me then.. the thing is, I got him the job at my company and we do see each other at work, for at least an hour, because of different shifts [thanks to my boss] I am thinking that the only reason he calls me is because he is afraid to loose the job, so he is trying to be nice to me.. but then again he doesnt have to call me once he gets home and talk to me for two hours.. I dont know, I cant figure it out..

About flattery, I am not flattered because I just have a very low opinion of him at this moment and his flattery kind of doesnt mean things to me.. I feel like he is just being nice because he needs something.. And talking to him just hurts more later, because while talking to him I forget that he is not with me and then reality shifts in.. it's like he is trying to get a little of both worlds in his pocket.. and I do think that if we did not work together, he would never call me again..