He is a habitual liar, cheater: why am I stuck in this rut that I can't get out of?

Hi there.

a brief history: I met this guy nearly a year ago. looked to be perfect. Unfortunately, cracks starting to appear, and it looked like he was playing around. Cant admit that I know this, as my info came from checking his phone and txt msgs, which i know was wrong. The first time was by accident - i borrowed the phone to send a msg and found one that he had sent to another girl but had forgotten to delete, and it was quite explicit. this got my suspicions up, and unfortunately the habit formed. time passes. right before his birthday, he meets this girl (actually a couple of girls) forms a crush on both. starts treating me like crap - unfortunately I had organised surprise birthday parting which I couldnt pull out of - confronted him and he admits to crushes but not to sleeping with them. I sorta back away. my birthday comes, and he is all over me, but i know he is still seeing other girl.

Over the last 2 weeks, have found out soooo much information about him that is disturbing, in that it shows what he is capable of ie cheating on friends etc that my mind is spinning. I have no trust in him at all. I know that I should end things completely, but for some stupid reason my heart is still with him. I dont know why this is, considering what i know. He is a habitual liar, cheater - why am i so stuck in this rut that i cant get out of?

Because you don't like yourself very much and believe this is all you're worth and deserve?..... only you can fill in that answer.

Be wise and good to yourself..... kick him to the curb and let him go play with someone else's heart and mind full time :)

• 1 year later...

Hey girl, I know exactly what you are going through. I FINALLY after 2 years with this guy (this habitual, pathological, compulsive, lying, cheating JERK). Ended our relationship, I told him to pack his SH*T and get out of MY HOUSE!!! We had been living together off and on since 2002 - but he finally move in and stayed in this June.

I, similar to you, got into his email messages and constantly checked his phone and phone bills while he was asleep. I too know that was wrong - but I just kept getting these gut feelings - ya know? The breakup It is killing me inside.....it has only been 2 days and I miss him like crazy!! He was good to me when he was with me and around certain sets of our coupled friends. But then I think.....how could he have been "good to me" if he is lying AND cheating on me month after month?? I am DYING to text him or call him right now!! My friends all say no. He called my hm, wk and cell phone twice yesterday and my hm, wk and cell phone once today. I'm like you ..... STUCK IN A RUT!!!!! (SORT OF). I miss him terribly!!

Hey girl, I know exactly what you are going through. I FINALLY after 2 years with this guy (this habitual, pathological, compulsive, lying, cheating JERK). Ended our relationship, I told him to pack his SH*T and get out of MY HOUSE!!! We had been living together off and on since 2002 - but he finally move in and stayed in this June.

I, similar to you, got into his email messages and constantly checked his phone and phone bills while he was asleep. I too know that was wrong - but I just kept getting these gut feelings - ya know? The breakup It is killing me inside.....it has only been 2 days and I miss him like crazy!! He was good to me when he was with me and around certain sets of our coupled friends. But then I think.....how could he have been "good to me" if he is lying AND cheating on me month after month?? I am DYING to text him or call him right now!! My friends all say no. He called my hm, wk and cell phone twice yesterday and my hm, wk and cell phone once today. I'm like you ..... STUCK IN A RUT!!!!! (SORT OF). I miss him terribly!!