She tried to make me jealous?

My exgirlfriend and I broke up nearly 5 months ago because she needed to find herself. She recently moved back from another town and asked to hang out. We did dinner and a movie. Things started well but after the movie she became cold and closed off. However, we ended the date on a good moment (she even looked like she wanted to be kissed). I asked what was wrong and she said she it wasnt a big deal.....and we went our seperate ways.

When I got home i text her curious if she could tell me easier through text. She replied with "Please dont worry about it! I promise I will tell you later. We should hang this weekend." I didnt reply and she followed up with another text saying "Pleeease dont think about it! :)". I replied jokingly saying "Just a hint :)"

She didnt respond and we didnt talk for the rest of the week. Friday rolled around and I asked if she wanted to get dinner. She said she was going to a musical with her mother but she was free tomorrow. I said lets plan on dinner tomorrow and she replied...sounds good. The next day rolls around and she text me saying "Totes forgot I told another guy that I'd grab a few drinks with him tonight....eff! What are doing for the football game?" I didnt respond and preceeded to go to the bar for the football game.

She shows up with her brother (a friend of mine) to the bar and neither of us acknowledge each other. You could cut the tension with a knife. She doesnt want to sit anywhere near me which was evident because she was offered several seats. Then....she started flirting with all of my friends (I think she was trying to make me jealous). I was very cold towards her and every comment she made regarding me.

A little time later she asked me if I had gotten her text message. I said yes. She said I know you dont believe me. Then asked if I wanted to do dinner tomorrow or sometime this week. I replied I dont know. Ill let you know....

She becomes quite and closed off after having a great time with everyone else. A few times she came over and talked to me and touched me. I was very cold in my responses. We were going to leave the bar and she asked what my plans were for the night once again touching my back. I responded I dont know...and this is where we stand.

What do you think I should do? Is there still hope with her? Should I let her come to me? How should I proceed?

Thanks!

She sounds like a person who enjoys drama and enjoys playing games. She sounds very immature to me. I think you can do better, don't you?

She's an ex for a reason! She's playing mind games, don't feed into it. If you want this girl you need to tell her to grow up.

eamherst14051

I'm not qualified to speak to passive aggresive behavior but I do believe you got caught up in some stupid mind games. Like you were already told, she's an "X" for a reason. Move on, there are many fish in the sea my man!

How was I passive aggressive?

These are quotes from your first post:

"She replied with "Please dont worry about it! I promise I will tell you later. We should hang this weekend." I didnt reply"

"What are doing for the football game?" I didnt respond and preceeded to go to the bar for the football game."

"neither of us acknowledge each other. You could cut the tension with a knife."

" I was very cold towards her and every comment she made regarding me."

"Then asked if I wanted to do dinner tomorrow or sometime this week. I replied I dont know. Ill let you know...."

" A few times she came over and talked to me and touched me. I was very cold in my responses. We were going to leave the bar and she asked what my plans were for the night once again touching my back. I responded I dont know...and this is where we stand."

I mean, other than responding to your first text, which was something she didn't want to talk about, you are the one playing games here not her. She is being upfront and honest about what is going on. You ignore her and don't talk to her because you are upset. Passive aggresive.

I mean seriously, grow a pair and talk to her and get the situation worked out.

Dexter Morgan

What do you think I should do? Is there still hope with her? Should I let her come to me? How should I proceed?

Thanks!

hope with someone that tried to make you jealous?....in other words...she tried to hurt you...

hope? nope, unless you are a sucker.

I have a rule, any woman that tries to make me jealous, need not try to contact me any longer. would be a good rule for you to adopt as well:)

reservoirdog1
How was I passive aggressive?

I don't think it matters how, or if, you were being passive aggressive.

The point is, you need to stop giving a flying fyck about this woman. She's got her own agenda going on (probably trying to boost her own ego), and it's got nothing to do with you, your best interests, or the idea of a healthy relationship between you and her.

You should stop contacting her, and start living for yourself. Flirt with and date other women -- not to make her jealous, but for YOU. If she happens to get wind of this, who cares? If she does contact you, act cheerful and confident (even if you're not) and make yourself largely unavailable to her. This will probably make her jealous, but that shouldn't be your motivation. Your motivation is to build your self-confidence and self-esteem.

The relationship is over, and any new relationship with her probably won't last. If she keeps pursuing you for a bit, at least you'll be able to look back and know that YOU made the decision to not continue things with her.

BackUpOrGetStung

Just stop answering any contact she initiates. She sounds like the type that will probably freak out and try to make you feel guilty for it, don't fall for it.

Just stop answering any contact she initiates. She sounds like the type that will probably freak out and try to make you feel guilty for it, don't fall for it.

In reading the story again, she sounds pretty normal and he seems to have the issues.