Facebook message

I have been dating my boyfriend for 3 years. Our relationship has has it's ups and downs but we have been going strong for over a year and a half. We broke up a year and a half ago because of my insecurities and his flirting. While we were on a break he had asked a girl out. It never panned out into anything. And shortly after that, we got back together. The last few months have been wonderful and he has told me several times that he loves me. We have made plans to attend a wedding, go on a trip and spend Thanksgiving with his family. We just spent the entire weekend together.

Here is my problem. I know that I shouldn't have done this, but he left his Facebook account open on my computer and I snooped. I found an email between him and this girl (someone I have never heard of, and they are not friends on facebook BUT have several mutual facebook friends). She initiated contact with him first. The emails seemed fine in nature until he asked her to dinner this past Friday night and then gave her his cell number. I had seen the email on Thursday so I asked him to dinner with friends on Friday night. At first he told me that he was busy and wouldn't be able to make it and then 15 minutes later called and said that he could make dinner. We spent Friday night together as well as last night so I know he wasn't with her then. There hasn't been any contact between them on facebook since this interaction.

I am now worried that perhaps there is something going on between them. I can't approach him about it. I just don't know if I should give him the benefit of the doubt and assume they are friends or if there is something else going on. He has always said that he would never cheat on me and that he loves me..but I am just worried that he didn't tell me about this girl. I don't know what to do...

It's unacceptable for your bf to arrange private dinners with another woman in secret. You need to confront him about this.

He fobbed you off with excuses, then called this other girl to take a raincheck, then called you back. He probably just re-scheduled dinner with her for another time.

You need to confront him, he is two-timing you. If nothing was going on then he would have no reason to lie to you about her.