why did he get jealous if he doesn't want me?

i was **** buddies with this guy for a year. i really liked him all along. he showed no interest in me though romantically. didn't treat me very nicely at times. trying to **** my friend behind my back. then all of a sudden he gets really mad/jealous when he sees me kiss his friend. why is this? if he doesn't want to be with me , then why did he get jealous? he had an entire year to make a move and never did.

Untouchable_Fire
i was **** buddies with this guy for a year. i really liked him all along. he showed no interest in me though romantically. didn't treat me very nicely at times. trying to **** my friend behind my back. then all of a sudden he gets really mad/jealous when he sees me kiss his friend. why is this? if he doesn't want to be with me , then why did he get jealous? he had an entire year to make a move and never did.

Sounds like he is feeling the competition.

loverofloveandstuff

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of guys are like this. I can't really give you an answer as to why. It's selfish. They want you to want them and only them, and then they go around hitting on anything that moves with a vajayjay. I guess it shows they're jealous which means they must care a bit, but never enough to make things exclusive.

I was in a similar situation. I was 'seeing' this guy (it was basically a friends with benefits scenario). He didn't want to commit and I didn't push him to (didn't want to be annoying and look desperate :rolleyes:). I started to get very frustrated as he was hooking up with chicks left right and center and infront of me... quite surely sleeping with them too.

I know this very silly, but I retaliated by going on dates with several people he knew even though I wasn't slightly interested in them. I got even more frustrated when he got angry at me for dating these people yet it still didn't make him want to commit. Yeah, 'master plan' didn't really work. I learnt my lesson. Don't play games.

MichiganMan222

I don't think its just a guy thing. My ex decided to find a new boyfriend before letting me know. Finally, after she decided he was suficient, she was comfortable enough to cut me loose. We had 'the talk'. Just a couple days after than I invited a women out for drinks after work. I signed off my Yahoo an hour early from work and met her. Apparently my ex was online 'invisible' because she noticed I signed out an hour early, called my cell and confronted me asking if I was with someone. I told her yes I was and she went crazy demanding I tell her where we were so she could come over and 'kick her ass'...she was going crazy reaming me out about this. Finally I reminded her that she dumped me for her new man. That didn't matter I guess because she kept going on and on until I told her I was hanging up now.

I think what it is, is dumpers like to do things on their own terms. There's a small window of uncertainty and if you force their hand by moving on too quickly, it disrupts that and creates a lot of anxiety for them. After we are dumped, we are still a fallback plan for awhile. They don't want that security to disappear.

Edited by MichiganMan222

This is why you should never been someone's FB or FWB. You can never be sure that they're sleeping with only you. Condom doesn't mean sh*t anymore these days. And yes, he feels the competition. He wants what he can't have or is about to lose.

This is why you should never been someone's FB or FWB. You can never be sure that they're sleeping with only you.

Same can be said about marraige - ever heard of affairs? ;)

Same can be said about marraige - ever heard of affairs? ;)

You're obligated to remain faithful in a marriage. FB or FWB is not a relationship.

I think what it is, is dumpers like to do things on their own terms. There's a small window of uncertainty and if you force their hand by moving on too quickly, it disrupts that and creates a lot of anxiety for them. After we are dumped, we are still a fallback plan for awhile. They don't want that security to disappear.

Never thought about it that way. I always thought it was almost exclusively ego, but this makes a lot of sense, too.