why do men move on so quickly?

rivermagic

So this is what is happening in my life.

Leading up to the 20th of this month. My boyfriend had been living with me, he was going to docters appointments and everything. We are expecting a baby in October. He is happy, he says that he wants to be a better father, then what his father was to him. So one day I think it was the 10th he decided we couldn't live together, and he wants to move back in with his mom. So he moved back in with her. During this time he was still contacting me, sending me emails, and calling me just to talk to someone. Doing yard work, and taking my son places. Then I do not see him for awhile, on the 22nd he was spotted with another women. I then confronted him with an email. He then deleted me off his account, I called him up to ask him why he did that, and he started blowing up screaming at me, calling me crazy and stupid. Denying everything he was. So I had enough when his new girl went to one of my friends and asked him if he knew me, and told him to tell me that she did not want any trouble, that she was sorta seeing my ex. So yesterday I decided to go for a walk with a guy friend. Which so happened to be my ex boyfriend. He drove by and looked right at us, and smiled. Why is he so happy we are no longer together. Also, why would he leave me for someone he never sees. He lives two hours away from her, has no car, and I see him every single day with his guy friend.

We are expecting a baby in October. He is happy, he says that he wants to be a better father, then what his father was to him. ...So yesterday I decided to go for a walk with a guy friend. Which so happened to be my ex boyfriend. He drove by and looked right at us, and smiled. Why is he so happy we are no longer together. Also, why would he leave me for someone he never sees. He lives two hours away from her, has no car, and I see him every single day with his guy friend.

I don't think he wanted the baby. Did you ever talk to him about it? Going with you to the doctor and wanting to be a dad for the next 18 yrs are two very different things. If its due in Oct., the reality of the situation is probably hitting home. Hence jumping ship for a girl who lives two hours away.

Also you said he wanted to be a better father than his own father. My suspicion is his own father probably acted the same way.

Any man that wants to move back in with his mom is obviously not ready or willing to be a father.

He probably was smiling because he thought you might be back with your ex and he could be absolved of his responsibility.

Woman In Blue

I just keep seeing this nonsense more and more - young people getting pregnant at the drop of a hat just because it sounds cute or fun at the TIME. That wears off real quick for young people and the woman is always left holding the bag. Next time, wait til you're married and have a little more security. Make sure you take his irresponsible ass to court for child support.

The reason he ran off and didn't look back is because he's way too young to be playing "grownup."

Yeah, you had a previous post about this where you mentioned the thing that triggered him into leaving was the day he took your son to play in the park. He must have realized soon he would be taking his own son to the park and it freaked him out.

I would ask him if he is willing to pay for an abortion and see how he reacts. If he wants the kid then he better step up to the plate as a dad. If he doesn't want to be a dad he should have no problem letting you terminate.

Facebook is the least of your problems right now.