is he losing interest???!!

ok..so heres the deal. a lil history for ya first... my bf and i started dating 6 mths ago. things were going great til one night we had a huge fight and didnt talk for 2 weeks. we ended up hanging out together everyday after that as "friends". this went on for about 3 months. i figured maybe we had rushed into things and it was good that we were slowing things down. 2 mths ago, while he was away at work, he finally asked me back out. i was thrilled! sure we were talking everyday on the phone and stuff but i wanted to actually be with him. fast forward to last week. i found him online on a dating site. it said he was single and on there that day. i saw this as i was going on there to delete my own profile. i was really mad. i brought it up to him and he made every attempt to explain himself to me and showed up here all the time like it was really bothering him. i told him i forgave him but now he says things are not the same. i told him that either he wants to be with me or not i am not sitting on the back burner waiting like i did the whole time we were first broken up. so as of right now we are still a couple. i just feel weird about things.. i started a new job and he started school so this means our schedules clash and i dont get to see him as much. i know he is really busy and stressed with school. he stopped by work last night to see me for a bit for the first time since the weekend. usually were together everyday. now he just seems cranky all the time and maybe a bit distant... not calling and texting like he used to to say goodnight and stuff. i get done work late so i dont expect him to be up to pick me up from work but i thought maybe he would offer so i dont have to walk home in the dark. i was excited to have some time this weekend to spend with him but now hes saying that saturday he is going away to see his sister for the day. i dont know... maybe i am reading into this too much but does it sound like he is losing interest in me?? like maybe he just wants to keep me around til he finds someone else? i just feel really confused about everything. im hoping that if he felt this way he would just break up with me and let me get on with my life. is there anything i can do to change this behaviour. i hope its just related to his school and stress. any indight would be great

• Author

oh also when we got in the fight the last time we said some kinda mean things to eachother and he said something like WHATEVER I WILL JUST GO OUT AND MEET SOME NEW CHICK....ETC. and i said fine ill do the same. but we talked about it after and he said he didnt mean that, he only said it to get a reaction and that he would never be able to jump from me to someone else like that. i didnt mean it either. but now its kinda bothering me

make me believe

So, wait, you've been "dating" for six months, but you were broken up for three of those months? And he is still active on a dating site?? How did he explain that one away? Why are you settling for someone like this? If a guy wants to be with you, he will make it known. He will call, text, and hang out with you. He will NOT be trolling dating sites for other women! And make no mistake, if he is still on the dating site, he is looking for other women. No matter what excuse he came up with!

Really... what are the positives in this situation? It sounds like a lot of drama and BS. Especially since you've only been together for six months!! When he said he'd go out and meet some new chick, that was your cue to say "Ok! Buh-bye then!" and walk away from him. When relationships start with this much drama, they never end well.

• Author

yeah its kind of a bad situation. he does call and text though and came to see me at work again tonight. theres been a lot of drama for awhile... and i hate that. it wasnt just over us there were a few times that he slipped up and used some hard drugs. (twice). but despite all the drama we keep being with eachother. that is what i said the night that he said that and i left and he followed me cause i was walking and apologized. he said that he said it to make me mad since we were in a fight. he told me that he hasnt been in a real relationship since he was 19 (hes 27 now) and i feel like he is trying but just doesnt know how to act sometimes cause hes insecure. sometimes i just want to call it quits but hes like a best friend to me and its so hard!

• Author

and yes we were dating and then got in a big argument. we split and kind of became friends with benefits for awhile til he asked me back out. i wanted it to be him to ask me back out cause it was him that broke it off. during the time we were broken up we were always together amd everyone thought we were still a couple but he told me he felt really scared to ask me back cause of the way the argument had went.