My boyfriend and his ex, my cousin!!!!

I don't know what to do with my stupid boyfriend, any advice?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 3 years. We currently attend college together far from home, and we live together. HOwever, my boyfriend, despite my wishes to stay away remains in contact with his ex girlfriend of 6 years ago! And she isn't just any ex, she happens to be my older cousin!!! When he goes home and I don't, he always makes and effort to contact her and see her behind my back. He even lies to me about it and tries to hide the facts. Even though they aren't cheating on me, I feel betrayed. ,,

This girl isn't an ordinary cousin. We haven't gotten along in years. She is always trying to compete with me for guys, etc. We were not friends or even talking except phonily even before she dated my friend and current boyfriend who is my age. I just want her out of my life. And the only way to do that is to get her out of my boyfriend's life, which he refuses to do even though I ask him repeatedly. All this causes tension between my family, and I don't know what to do... This is turning out to be a huge mess... I think I have had it this time, and I am seriously thinking about ending the relationship.

why exactly does he see her behind your back, and lies about it? why does he have to keep seeing her?

have the three of you ever hung out together? do you know how he acts around her?

if i were you, i'd be mostly mad at the lies and at not respecting your wishes... and yeah, i'd likely end the r/s, unless he stopped seeing the damn cousin & was damn sorry for lying.

-yes

If you can't get your guy to stop seeing your cousin, you have no choice but to end the relationship and get both of them out of your life. In the future, don't date guys who know or who have had anything to do with this particular cousin. Not a good idea!

• Author

No, we have never hung out just the three of us. In fact, there the offer has never been made and I never thought of that. Mind you this is a cousin I never talk to. THe last time I have said more than a gruff hi to her was about 4 years ago at annual family gathering. At that time, I was dating this guy (I didn't know till many years later that she had made a play for him earlier), who she apparently found attractive and tried to hit on him at the picnic, IN FRONT OF ME!!! What a slut... Since then I have had enough of her. THankfully that boyfriend was very loyal. HE was rude to her and made it very clear who it was he loved in the room. ANd since then we have not spoken.

My current boyfriends' excuse for seeing her and talking to her is that, "I can't just stop liking someone just because you don't like them". I understand that but HELLO!!! we're cousins, and he needs to stop meddling around and causing trouble