He's a lying cheating scumbag, but so is she

So, one day a while ago I was sitting around feeling bored and googled someone I used to know. I also googled his girlfriend. Found some things the gf had posted about my friend which were very unkind. About how horrible he was to her and how she had once cheated on him, and she was using her real name.

After hemming and hawing about this I decided I would want to know so I contacted the guy. He seemed to not be bothered with her behavior. Whatever. I had told him, my job was done.

After this he started calling me again. We talked on and off for a few years, seeing each other twice. Then recently we started talking more regularly and were getting really close, I thought.

He came to see me one day and tried to get intimate with me. I said no.

Then it started eating at me, wondering if he was still with the gf. He hadn't mentioned her in ages. So, I was able to find out looking around online. He was. Looked around some more. She was still posting to this sex site, too.

I got pissed off and sent him an email message saying the whole situation was sickening to me and I was done with the relationship.

The gf got the message instead of him and called me. I told her the truth. She talked to him and apparently he denied everything, insisting I made the whole thing up to break them up.

The whole thing got my head reeling!

My big mistake, I think, was trying to help him out. The minute I stepped into their mess I became a part of the dysfunction.

I was stunned when he didn't take responsibility for what he had done. I know that's probably incredibly stupid on my part.

Anyway, he talked her into believing that I made the whole thing up and she was able to keep him from knowing she was still posting ads on that site.

Hahaha so why do I think I'm the big winner here. :p

whichwayisup

Geez, talk about interferring in someone's life all because you were bored and started googlin' names. You aren't this guy's friend, in his daily life or anything, to his gf and probably to him, you just came out of the wood works! Maybe you were trying to help, but if you were his true friend, don't you think you would have been in his life alot more than just stumbling across him online by googling?

I'm not sure why you're amused by all this and think you're the big winner.

• Author

Him and I were really close several years ago. And believe me, I am not amused by any of this. It was incredibly stressful.

The reason I think I'm a big winner in this is because I'm out of the whole mess now while they're both still lying and cheating to one another.

I was trying to help out an old friend. But of course I shouldn't have gotten involved. I just made myself a part of the dysfunction.

Lesson learned.