hi!

i believe i've asked about this before but the picture is more clear now...

story: ive been dating a guy for about a month now, not exclusively. he's a dance instructor. before he met me, he met an acquintance of mine and gave her his business card.

she called him, left a msg with her number, he called back, talked about prices of his lessons; then he lost her number. i met him inbetween talking to her & losing her number.

so, now he's been asking me to get her number for him!

it seems rude, even though we're not exclusive, to do that if he's interested in her... and as for lessons, she said his are too expensive. so i'm not sure what he wants from her... he also told me that a friend of his is interested in her & thats why he wants the number (im not sure if its just a lame excuse...)

when i saw her, i actually asked her - i told her he wants your number- she said he already has it - i said his friend likes you and would like yr number - she just gave me a surprised look; she asked if i keep in touch with the guy by email - i said no, phone - and she seemed annoyed. So after all this, she said she'll coming clubbing with us (me & the guy) next time we go (hello? who invited her?); she said she has my email, so she'll email me.

Now - what the hell is all this?

I'm seeign this guy casually so he can date the whole city for all i care, but if he thinks he can get away with dating somebody i KNOW, - come on!!

Im thinking i'll give him her number if i get it, - and see what he does. I can always ask her (or is it better to ask him?) straight out what's going on. If he dates her, im outta the game.

Any advice or comments? Am I thinking straight here?

thanks,

-yes

I think it would be a whole lot easier if you just tell him how it makes you feel when he asks for the number. Let him know she has told you she's not interested in lessons from him.

Also, tell him you cannot give your friend's number out to be given to people she doesn't know. Ask him to give YOU the interested guy's phone number and you'll have your friend call him. Better yet, suggest he bring his friend along one day for a casual drink or snack and bring your friend along so the two can meet.

If he doesn't go along with those choices and continues to press you for your friend's number, tell him to stick it in his ear and move on down the road.

In my business we have a policy to not exchange any personal information about any of the employees with ANYONE. If someone wants to get in touch with someone who works here, I take a message and give it to the person. Deal with it that way....all parties are served and satisfied. Your friend can't get mad at you for giving out her personal information to some stranger.

The fact that it's rude is besides the point...

• Author

everything's been resolved!

i got her number; talked to him ...

turns out the friend-being-intrested wasn't just a lame excuse. he was actually disappointed to hear me calmly say that i thought he himself was interested in the girl - he was like - do you think i have no respect for you? blah blah blah - I said hey, we're not exclusive, so you do whatcha want... Anyway - we both got the point, i think.

so, we're gonna all go out at some point soon - me, him, the friend, and the girl...

thanks for your input!

-yes