The End of the Story (a companion piece to 'Is this cheating?')

Here's the original story:

"I live with my boyfriend of 4 years and this weekend I let his brother massage my breasts. We had both been drinking but we were both aware of what we were doing. He wanted to do more but I said no, but I did let him feel my naked breasts. I don't know why I let him do it and now I feel incredibly guilty.

My boyfriend has always been very adamant that he would leave me if I ever cheated on him. My boyfriend's brother's wife is very jealous and would kill him (and me) if she ever found out, so he has just as much to lose as I would if it ever got out. I don't think he would ever tell as long as I didn't.

But it is eating me up inside and I love my boyfriend so much and I would never do anything like this again - I feel like the lowest scum of the earth."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday night, my bf and I went to a friend's wedding. During the wedding, I felt so incredibly bad about this secret I was keeping. I kept my mouth shut through the wedding, through the reception, which was especially hard during the toasts, when the declarations of love and fidelity were mentioned repeatedly.

After we went home from the wedding, I asked my bf what he would do if someone "touched" me (this actually came up in conversation) and he said he'd kill the person who did so. I then said, "What if that person was your brother?". He stopped, and looked at me, and everything just poured out of me. I couldn't stop talking, and I didn't look up until I was finished.

He was stunned - but I don't think he was all that shocked. I think he suspected his brother of being the kind of person who would do such as thing. He was angry, but he asked questions and eventually came to the conclusion that I didn't do anything wrong. I asked him to forgive me...but he says there's nothing to forgive.

I cannot describe the relief I feel from having told him - and from the fact that our relationship is not only intact but as strong as ever.

Thank you for all of your help - and I can assure you, nothing like this will ever happen again.

If it all went as smoothly as you say, fine.

However, be prepared for more fall out upon reflection.

When words are spoken between your guy and his brother, watch out.

So just be prepared to find that there is more to do on this.

true, but the main thing is, she felt she was able to trust her boyfriend with the truth, knowing how painful it was to share. I think that by his reaction, she sees how much he DOES value their relationship.

Yeah but that doesn't give her a free ticket to do it again, I'm sure she understands that she was lucky he reacted the way he did, and won't take it for granted.

Good for you, for telling him the truth. I consider you very lucky to still have him afterward. Allot of people, including myself would not be so forgiving. Than there are also allot of people that would be just as forgiving as your b/f but than later, down the road bring it up again during a spat or another time it would be useful to hurt you with.

I hope all goes well!

Only time will tell how he reacts in the long run, but at least he acted like this NOW. That's a good sign.