Quick question...

... when I'm walking with my girlfriend and she sees another guy and not only looks but says "Heyyy"... is she wrong for doing that or am I wrong for getting mad that she does it?

FYI... I've told her before that I didn't like it.

well, whether it should be a big deal depends on context - but if you've told her that you don't like and she still keeps doing it then it's not cool no matter what.

It's definitely a little weird that she's say "heyyy," but aside from that, is that all you have a problem with or is it the fact that she's checking out someone else?

It's pretty natural to check out other people whether you're in a relationship or not. Unless she's taking it a step further than saying "hi" to some stranger, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Author

I know people check out other people. I do it. BUT... I don't do it in front of her. And I definitely don't comment while I'm doing it in front of her.

I just feel disrespected. Maybe it's just me.

• Author

She doesn't say "Hi". It's more of a "ooh" or "heyyy"... if you know what I mean.

I just think it's disrespectful. I wouldn't do it to her.

When she did it today I almost went up to the dude to get his number for her.

I'm close to telling her she's free to do it whenever she wants, since she's gonna be single.

If she was doing that in front of me, I would tell her calmly "that's disrespectful". Then I would walk away and she wouldn't hear from me until we colonized Mars.

High Plains Drifter
... when I'm walking with my girlfriend and she sees another guy and not only looks but says "Heyyy"... is she wrong for doing that or am I wrong for getting mad that she does it?

She wants you to spank her.;)

I agree do exactly the same thing when you see an attractive girl walk y when you are both together walking down the street and see how she feels about it.

What she's doing is disrespectful. Either she's doing it to get a rise out of you (some women just like to see their bf get mad/jealous or basically to just see if you got the balls to say/do anything) or she has issues keeping thoughts and reactions in her head and it comes out.

But hey you did tell her it annoys you before... as said give her a taste then state how your slightly annoyed at when she does it despite you saying you didnt like it and it's disrespectful before.

Still though how "hot" was this guy lol. If Johnny Depp or Lenny Kravitz walked by I might have to let my wifes reaction slide.

• Author

theobserver... you nailed it. She has problems keeping her thoughts in her head sometimes.

I'd rather not do the "retaliation" thing. She's just going to call it childish and I don't do that anyway.

And no, the dude wasn't any hotter than the average guy. He had his shirt off though. But he wasn't in any better shape than I am.

And she does know it bothers me.

And lastly, no... I'm not the insanely jealous type. Not any more than she is. In fact she's worse. She was crazy jealous of a female friend I have and e-mail 1200 miles away.

Its disrespectful. Its one thing to look, its another to make comments in front of your significant other. Its just plain rude.

Why would I think going gaga over some other woman in front of my gf would be acceptable?

So you have told her before you don't like it and she still does it?

Well its easy. Dump her. She obviously doesn't care about your feelings.

If she was doing that in front of me, I would tell her calmly "that's disrespectful". Then I would walk away and she wouldn't hear from me until we colonized Mars.

I'd stop right where we were and tell her, "go get him if you want him that much", then walk off.

• Author

bish... I pretty much did just that yesterday when it happened.

At first I said "Do you want me to get his number for you?"

And then when she kept on like I was wrong, I left her there on the sidewalk.

Start doing it when you see hot women walking by and see what she does.

I bet it would backfire. It would just give her more ammo to do it even more, and more flagrantly.

bish... I pretty much did just that yesterday when it happened.

At first I said "Do you want me to get his number for you?"

And then when she kept on like I was wrong, I left her there on the sidewalk.

Well then there isn't anything more to say. If I did something insensitive to a gf and she called me on it and I knew it hurt her feelings, I'd be wrapping my arms around her and assuring her I meant nothing by it and would promise not to do it again(although I wouldn't comment on another woman in front of her in the first place).

But your so-called girlfriend dismisses your feelings and tells you that YOU are in the wrong? Oh no she didn't.

Just ditch her man. Let her play someone else for a fool.

She's catcalling guys right in front of you?

Um, hello? Is this thing on?

Snap out of it! Man up and dump her ass. She is humiliating you, devaluing you and you are tolerating it.

• Author

I pretty much just ended it with her. And she still doesn't think she did anything wrong. I was the one that was wrong for letting it bother me too much.

Bother me no more. I'm over it!

"Heeyyy" to random guys on the street while with you? :laugh::lmao:

Something is wrong in her head. I have a feeling she was unconciously doing it though, perhaps she just didn't think much of it.

"Heeyyy" to random guys on the street while with you? :laugh::lmao:

Something is wrong in her head. I have a feeling she was unconciously doing it though, perhaps she just didn't think much of it.

heyyy:love: