Do not know how to move forward

I have become very good friends with my boss over the last 2 years. We get along great, have a great time together, give each other a hard time (ie teasing and making fun of in a nice way) he spends a lot of time in my office etc....I never thought much about it until we would go on business trips every couple months and the other people we worked with made comments on how we were like a "married couple" , what a cute couple we are, those types of comments. He always goes out of his way to give me compliments and will always look me directly in the eye and for long periods of time. I never thought much about it beacause I respected the fact that he was my boss. I thought he made it clear he just wanted to be my friend since he will hug everyone else we work with hello and goodbye but not me.

I was laid off last month so we do not work together longer; however, I have a new job now he still calls me or emails me everyday or close to it and we have lunch 1-2x a week. I love spending time with him but I do not know how to bring up the subject of this "thing" we have without being uncomfortable. Any suggestions or should I not bring it up at all?

Thanks very much!

melodymatters

Are you both single ? If so I don't see the hold up. In general, guys don't stay in suckh close touch with woman they have no interest in.

next time you talk, suggest getting together for lunch or a drink after work, as that is something ex co workers do all of the time. Hopefully being in the same room together, without the job thing hanging over your heads, things will start sparking !

Good luck

melodymatters

Sorry, I didn't see that you already have lunch together ! I guess you'll have to step it up and invite him to something in the evening, the theatre, sporting event, concert.

If you two are not married to other people, why not just lay it all out there and ask him out on a date? Go for it...UNLESS he's married.

If you two are not married to other people, why not just lay it all out there and ask him out on a date? Go for it...UNLESS he's married.

Or unless he's seeing someone else.