At the beginning of our 3 yr relationship my gf and I talked about the most important things in relationships, and I stressed honesty as the most important characteristic of any relationship. My gf and I had countless conversations about the importance of this, and it's very clear to her that this is extremely important to me. So, through the last three years she and I have run into our fair share of problems, but the biggest problem is her inability to tell the truth on a consistent basis. More recently, she lied to me again and now I'm considering whether it's a good idea to stay with her.

Last week, she went out with one of her single friends to a bar for a couple of drinks while I stayed at home. They ended up meeting a few guys at the bar and chatting all night. She told me that everything was cool (the guys were just chatting and not trying to pick them up) and I had nothing to worry about. I trusted her. According to her, after the bar closed at 3:30am she and ONLY her friend went to a restaurant. She called me 3 or 4 times after they left the bar to let me know she was ok and going to be home soon (she got home at 4:45am). Yesterday I happened to see an email that was sent to her by her friend that contained photos from that night, mostly of her and her friend, but there was one of her at the restuarant with one of the guys that was sitting beside her all night at the bar. I wouldn't have cared if she told me that she was with the guy in the first place, but she since she lied about it, now it seems so much worse.

Do I have a reason to be suspicious? Pissed off?

I feel like I'm a very open and approachable person, but this lying seems to follow me from relationship to relationship, and I've been in many. Is it normal to lie to someone you love?