The unattainable guy just became available...and seems to be interested

Okay, this guy at work (works in a different section) just left his long-term gf. (They were together for over 4 years). I always thought he was cute and a nice guy, but he had been with the ex so long I didn't give it much thought. He hangs out in my work cliche and a bunch of us when out for lunch today. We divided into cars and he offers to drive his truck up so that I didn't have to walk the length of the parking lot (I recently injured myself and walking is tough). So four of us get to the restaurant and he helps me out so that I don't have to land on my bad leg. He also seems much more chatty than usual. He always seemed quiet before.

Here's my problem: 1) We are friends and it's difficult to maneuver out of that friend zone. 2) She burned him really bad and may need time to heal and I want to give him this time so that I am not a rebound 3) Many people have been waiting out this relationship apparently and if I don't act at the right time, I may suffer a coup my some other women (in the office or otherwise).

So when should I act?

• Author

Oops, posted in the wrong forum...could a mod please move this to Dating

Thanks

Roxy