Does making an ex jealous get them back? Ladies?

Hi,

Can i get some female opinion on this...

If i knew an ex i'd dumped was with someone else, id just be really upset. I cant say it would make me want them back. Maybe thats just me?

Im scared that if my ex knows im with someone else she'll just think that ive moved on and she'll try and do the same :(

What goes on in ladies heads?

Thanks

Well first things first, If you love your ex and you wan't to get back with her then tell her!. Don't let your ex find out you're with another girl, because if she's the jealous type then YES she will think you have moved on, or she will think your doing it to make her jealous and this will just cause more drama between you to. Tell your ex how you feel and she might consider taking you back. Don't play mind games with her, make your intentions clear.

umm hellooo

if you are seeing someone else, shouldnt she be able to?? don't be so selfish.

if you want her back , why don't you try working on getting her back instead of hurting the girl your with (since your still hung up on your ex) and hurting your ex (who thinks you probably moved on too quickly).

jeezzz boys suck

if you don't want her back, then it shouldn't matter if she thinks you've moved on or not, you wouldn't care.

do something productive please, i.e. - break up with the girl your with and get your ex back, or leave your ex alone and try to diminish feelings for an ex..because thats just not fair

• Author

Hi,

You guys have misinterpreted what i meant...

Im doing the NC thing at the moment, and i know i need to move on and i've got my eye on a few people...

I was simply asking, from a womans point of view, if you (the girl) had dumped the lad and then found out he was with someone else, how would you react? Would the jealousy just make you think he'd moved on, or make you want him back more?

Thanks

I have to agree with megnog here. If you've truly moved on, then you wouldn't care about what's going on in her head...

Also, moving on isn't fair to the new person until you've gotten over your ex (at least to a good degree)... If you're dating someone else to make your ex jealous, well, then you're sort of rebounding.

But to answer your question, if I dumped someone and they immediately found another relationship, it would at least be on my mind a lot. I'm not sure it would make me want the person back - actually, it would just make me doubt my own ability to be in a happy relationship, and make me wonder why this other girl is able to tolerate him when I couldn't.

I dumped a guy and then saw him with someone else and it upset me abit to know that he had moved on...when i spoke to him he told me he was only doing it to make me jealous...which just annoyed me and I told him to get lost.

If you have intensions to hurt her then let her know your with someone else...I dont think seeing my ex with another girl would make me get back with him though.

Would I feel a little jealous? Maybe, but mostly I would loose respect for him for jumping into a relationship so soon after a breakup. It wouldn't make me want him back any more. Actually, when my ex who wanted me back (about a year after he broke up with me) told me he was interested in someone else, my response was along the lines of, "Well, why don't you ask her on a date." The tiny pang of jealousy was far outweighed by the relief that he might be someone else's problem to deal with.

• Author

Thanks guys,

I was kinda clutching at straws when i posted this, I just want my ex back so much :( I cant even think about being with anyone else at the moment. When ive been out and look at other girls, I dont find any of them even slightly attractive. My ex is the most beautiful girl in the world and it hurts so much to think that she was so upset with the situation that she broke it off, without giving me any real sign in advance :( Why wouldnt she talk to me about it?

I know i need to give her time, but I cant stop thinking about her. I mean 24/7.

My life is so hopelessly empty without her. I know that i took the relationship for granted, but so did she. I just wished shed talked to me about it :(

rant over lol

My life is so hopelessly empty without her. I know that i took the relationship for granted, but so did she. I just wished shed talked to me about it :(

The best way to get her back is to remedy this situation. It may seem counterintutive, but the best chance you've got at getting someone back is trying to get over them. I've had probably 5 guys who've broken it off with me come around and want to try to get back together. (Only accepted for the first one though.) Not once has a guy I've actively tried to get back wanted anything more to do with me. For the ones that wanted to, I did casually contact them from time to time, but not with the intention of getting the back.

So basically, the best chance you have of getting her back is accepting she's gone. Sucks, but that's how it is.

The tiny pang of jealousy was far outweighed by the relief that he might be someone else's problem to deal with.

I completely agree with this. When I found out my exH had a GF so soon it bothered me. But then I thought about it. And felt sorry for her.

I agree with this too...if she regrets breaking up with you, seeing you with someone else will make her so jealous she will do something about it.

But if she doesnt then she obviously isnt that bothered about you. I know its hard but the bes thing you can do is get out and enjoy yourself...dont hassle her or anything.

If she doesnt come running back...slowly you will get over her and wont want her back anyway. And trust me, its hard at first but it does get easier and you do think of them less and less!

LilMiss Intimidation

If you're with someone else, why can't she be with someone else? I don't think that's very fair. You dumped her for a reason. If you really want to be with her and not see her move on, you should tell her. Dump the girl you're with.