Dating a much younger man

notsure?

I have been dating a man who is ten years younger then me, I am 30. He is very mature for his age, acts more like a 40 year old, and that is what attracted me to him. I cant help but feel I am "robbing the cradle". Why I feel that way, I dont know. I am sure from his point of view he is lucky to be with an older woman. And he tells me not to think that way. Someone please tell me this is not so bad. What would the majority of people think if they knew?

He is 20 and you are 30?

Nothing wrong with that, however being 20 he still hasn't gotten past a few life stages like beer, post college (trade whatever).

Just want you to consider the life stages versus the age.

If you were 40 and he were 30, I don't think it'd be much of a big deal. But at 20, most people haven't even figured out who they are yet. Even if they act mature, they don't have the life experience to really know what they want.

I think it's a big emotional risk for you to be dating a 20 year old unless you're both just looking for a fun fling.

Hi Notsure...I too am dating a younger guy - I am 30 and he is 25. He is the most amazing, caring and loving man that I have ever dated. Follow your heart...no one can tell you what is right or wrong. Sure there are some differences but there will be differences no matter what and no matter who you are with. If he treats you right, makes you laugh and keeps you happy then just go for it. Be true to yourself and to your heart.

Hi Notsure...I too am dating a younger guy - I am 30 and he is 25.

No offense, but from what I've seen, 25 year olds are generally a lot more grown up than 20 year olds. I wouldn't even date a 20 year old, and I'm 24. We'd be at totally different places in our lives. I'd probably have a lot more in common right now with a 30 year old.

I'm not saying that there are no mature, responsible, totally together 20 year olds, but they're one in 10 billion. So don't let wishful thinking go against common sense. There's definitely reason to be extra cautious.

Hitman10000

Man, I figured by the age of 30, a woman knows how it is in life, if she doesn't something is up.

My guess is that the dude is a virgin and doesn't know wtf to do that's why he acts like an old guy.

Sooner or later the age thing will creep up, for a guy to be 30 dating a 20 year old is robbing the cradle but is more accepted than an older woman/younger girl.

burning 4 revenge
Man, I figured by the age of 30, a woman knows how it is in life, if she doesn't something is up.

My guess is that the dude is a virgin and doesn't know wtf to do that's why he acts like an old guy.

Sooner or later the age thing will creep up, for a guy to be 30 dating a 20 year old is robbing the cradle but is more accepted than an older woman/younger girl.

i love older woman/ younger girl relationships. sexy

Older women are the best. He is probably falling hard because you are so much more mature at 30 than women his age and you know what you want. His being 20 might be a problem at some point so I wouldn't get to emotionally attached but just have fun with him. Give him a few years to mature and if your still together then you won't be here asking if his age is a problem.

A man wouldn't think twice about dating a woman ten years younger than him, because its more accepted in society, because older women younger male relationships are less common they are often focussed on. Don't let your self be impressioned by societies dodgy double standards, if you feel he's mature enough for you and you enjoy each others company, then go for it.