My Friend's Guy

I titled this “My Friend’s Guy” but they aren’t together, it is the guy she is in love with and the guy loves her back too but there is a problem...he is immature and cares more about what his friends think. The guy completely knows how she feels about him because she wrote him a letter telling him. As for him when she is not in the room (at college this is) he has talked to his friends about her about how much he likes her. Now I bet he wishes he never told his friends because they are so much in the way so to speak, blocking what could be. It has got to the point that he doesn’t want his friends to know he still likes her and sadly this occurs when she is in the room, this happens by him talking about women and “being a man” so to speak and all this wonderful stuff. But he still likes her and in fact my friend saw him crying a few times in his car while he looked at her as they left school. Do all guys in their early 20's allow their friends to control them so much as this? Nice friends. I’m really hoping he can overcome this pressure because I believe they are the perfect match.

I can't say I have been influenced to the point of dropping a girl on a friends opinion.

I have never went beyond saying " hey man wise up "

why did he leave ? I feel your leaving something out of this story, like she cheated on him and thats why she wrote the letter and his friends are riding his ass to drop her.

Guitar Wizard

Not to be rude in any way, shape or form, but...

His friend's arn't doing anything wrong. Guy friends put-down girls they don't deem "Worthy" of said guy's attention. They just think it won't work out, or... well who knows, but they have decided that there is indeed something wrong and that they must keep their friend out of shark infested waters.

Now, this isn't to say they are totally wrong, and your friend is a sweet as sugar...

But, all friends do this. If you thought this guy was a total dick, you would be trying to steer her away from him...

And, there could be a valid reason why they are trying to push them apart that you can't see, because your this girls friend and your view is... shaded? Slanted? Fogged? Many words for it, but friendship blinds pure vision. It happens.

Anyway, they are just doing what they think is right. They probably arn't bad people, they just have gotten the wrong idea or something...

It's not your friends fault or anything, but his friends are going to stand there to protect him. "From what?" you might ask, well I don't know, but they do.

If you wish to take matters into your own hands, you can ask them what they think is wrong with your friend, why they are being dicks, ect...

So, that's my advice. Take it up with his friends. If his friends don't move out of the way, then I don't see this relationship working out. Friends are a terrable roadblock when they arn't supportive of this type of thing. Espically while in schools.