Concert Tickets

konfuzd

I was casually dating this guy back in Sept-Nov of last year. We hadn't defined a committed or exclusive relationship. (No sex involved). Things were going great for a few months, and then kind of fizzled out... We used to talk on the phone for hours a couple times a week, seeing eachother once a week, and somehow it kind of dwindled down to a txt message on special days. I think the last I heard from him was on Easter. I can't think of any event which caused things to slow down. I guess I got tired of being the initiator of all the contact, so I pretty much gave up on him. The only time we have actually seen eachother in the last few months is for concerts. The last show I went to without him, he showed up with a really skanky girl (which was kind of a blow to the ego, since we would flirt like crazy on the phone, but he never made a move on me, but I digress) So, at this point I totally wrote him off...

Anyways, while things were still decent, I invited him to go to a show that's coming up July 13. I bought the tickets, and he hasn't paid me yet. I found out that a good friend of mine really wants to go to this concert as well, but wouldn't have anyone else to go with, so I kind of let it slip that I might have an extra ticket.

Tonight, I got an out of the blue txt from the original guy. He didn't mention the concert, but at this point, I intend to take my friend as he is really excited for the show and has been a really great friend to me as opposed to this other guy. Do you think I have an obligation to this other guy to let him know I offered my other ticket to someone else? Or do I just shut him out as he has been doing to me? Does this make me a hypocrite, since I was really upset that he kind of dissapeared without explanation?

You aren't in contact with this guy anymore and there were never any set in stone plans about the concert. He doesn't sound like he's worth the trouble of contacting anyway so there's no need to feel obligated to him at all.

Take your friend to the concert and have a great time.

• Like 1