pity invite?

sunnie23

my bf's grandma recently died. when it happened he called me and we talked about it for a very long time. i want to be there for him but i also want to give him his space...i just dont know what to do or when.

basically ive been calling and txting him letting him know i'm here...but then i try to keep the conversations short. the viewing was last night and i had planned on just dropping in for a minute to give him a hug. i was so worried that he'd be mad and think i was intruding, but when i walked in he had the biggest smile on his face, so happy to see me. he asked me three times to come with him to his friends house that night, so i picked him up and took him there. the whole night he left me with the girls and barely acknowledged me. i got kind of mad...ive been doing everything i can to be there, and he just leaves me at the table and does his own thing.

everyone at the party had been talking about going to another party tonight, and i hadnt heard anything about it. at the end of the night i was sitting with him and his friends girlfriend. she asked if i'd be coming...at that exact moment my boyfriend was like, "oh yeah, do you want to come?"

he's usually a very attentive and affectionate boyfriend so i'm willing to say this is all due to his reacting to the death of his grandma. but then i wonder if it was a paity invite, if i should go and be there with him, or if i should just back off. i guess because ive been showing him how much i care i feel more vulnerable than usual.