Lacking Confidence

fallin4u405

fallin4u405

Yea, i have this major fear of talking to the guy I like. I can talk to him online just fine, but whenever I see him in school I just freeze up and get tongue tied and end up regreting it later. No matter what I do I just can't seem to get the guts. I feel like somehow I will just screw it up and say something stupid or have a stupid look on my face and he will think im weirder than he thought.

ugh

I seriously think this kind of thing gets easier as you get older. Life is too short for regrets. Say something, anything. If you cringe as soon as it leaves your mouth, press on. Move on to something else. Don't run away. You don't need to be perfect. Chances are the first couple conversations are going to feel a bit awkward. And chances are he's a little nervous around you too.

You may think "uuugggh!" as soon as you walk away, but at least you can give yourself a pat on the back for having done it. Buy yourself some ice cream or some nice shoes as a reward.

I know, easier said than done. My friend and I had a crush on the same guy back in high school. I was painfully shy, and I talked to him, but I NEVER MADE A MOVE. My friend finally told him how she felt, a couple years down the line, and they got together and are still together now. I'm not bitter about it - I'd had my chance - but it really opened my eyes.

Pretend he's just a friend, imagine he's naked, I don't care what works for you, just talk to him! Better to say a couple stupid things than let all chances pass you by.

Hope this helps!