Question - New to dating after 13 years

bg1975

My situation, recently divorced. 31 yrs old. Went on a trip with friends and met this great girl (26 yrs). It was a date weekend trip but she was there with a "friend". She gave me signs that she was interested on Friday night...running fingers through my hair, kissed me on the cheek goodnight...etc.

The weekend went well and eventually I asked her for her number and a date for when I visit in two weeks. She lives 150 miles away and I will be visiting the town then. She seemed very excited that I asked and we tentatively made plans that weekend to grab dinner and get to know each other a bit better.

So, I came home on Sunday, called her on Tuesday (left message) and still have not heard from her. Not sure what to think of this one. I want to call again and possibly visit this weekend since my schedule freed up, but don't want to be pushy.

She said that she was kind of dating the best friend of the guy that she was there with. She says they are just "really good friends". So does he. He even told me that it was okay to try to pick her up.

Soooo, what do I do? Call tonight? Wait another few days? Not sure what the right move is to do?

Thanks!

• Author

Have not heard from gal in 2 full days.....do I call again? When? Thinking about trying her again this afternoon (last try) to drop the message that I might be in town Saturday and to ask her out. What do you all think?

SmoochieFace

I would just let her go... not that you had her in the first place. She's playing games. Move on.

SmoochieFace
Thanks. It is just so few times in my life that I have met someone that "does things" for me. She was one of the few.

Yeah, but there will be others... especially if you let this one go. The sooner the better. :)

Oh, I would just try it one more time, with the aura of wanting to get together but not seeming too anxious.

If you get her voice message, then just say hey, how's everything going... and leave her your number. If she is interested now, or in the future - she will reach you.

• Author

When I asked her what her status was during the weekend, the answer was "kind of dating someone". That was on Sat. and asked for number on Sunday. Both times we both were sober.

Not sure if there is a real B/F in there or not. Then again, she is in grad school, taking 5 classes and I am sure is working as well. Planning to call (with no hope) but not sure when. I could make it to where I have a reason to visit the town and call her today to find out if she might be available......or do I wait until next week to call about scheduling something like we had planned to do?

SmoochieFace
When I asked her what her status was during the weekend, the answer was "kind of dating someone". That was on Sat. and asked for number on Sunday. Both times we both were sober.

Not sure if there is a real B/F in there or not. Then again, she is in grad school, taking 5 classes and I am sure is working as well. Planning to call (with no hope) but not sure when. I could make it to where I have a reason to visit the town and call her today to find out if she might be available......or do I wait until next week to call about scheduling something like we had planned to do?

I wouldn't do it. I would instead try to find someone who is more *available*... someone who doesn't have a BF - real or imagined - in the picture.