How avoid giving him my phone number...

Butterflying

Butterflying

If I'm not attracted to the guy, I would like to avoid giving him my phone number without being rude to him. Too often, I am approached by men that I'm not attracted to. Most of the time, this happens with my co-workers. While I vaule a positive work relationship with them, I don't want it to go any further than that.

Lately, I've been saying, "I don't date people I work with." But that's not a good reason because I'm willing to date a guy I work with if I'm attracted to him.

Any suggestions ??

Just don't give it. Tell them up front that you are not attracted to them and you don't date co-workers.

I would suggest against dating co-workers that work on the same floor, same department, maybe not the same building. It is HARD to move on if something happens.

prfrogkisser

I believe honesty is the best policy. Just speak the truth. Who knows if someday you might meet a very nice guy at work that you end up dating. You never know anything is possible:)

I truly believe being honest doesnt drive people to confusion or false hopes and they might even stop asking. Being blunt sometimes its necessary.

Just say it "Im not that into you"

whichwayisup

You don't have to give your phone number out to him and don't feel bad about it either.

The more honest approach is best. Be sincere and tell him that you are not interested in that kind of friendship outside of the office.

I find giving the absolutely unheard of "I don't have a phone" works wonders!! Thing is, it isn't a lie! I got rid of my cell phone at Christmas and haven't replaced it. Life is so much easier (and happier!)

:)

"Sorry, I can't give that out."

That's not rude, that's just reality. If he insists, then he's the one being rude.

I find giving the absolutely unheard of "I don't have a phone" works wonders!! Thing is, it isn't a lie! I got rid of my cell phone at Christmas and haven't replaced it. Life is so much easier (and happier!)

:)

You know what would be an even more unheard of response? Ask, "What's a phone?" See if he actually tries to explain it. If he asks if you're kidding, say "No really, what's a phone?" in the most serious face possible. That would be pretty funny to watch.

give out a fake number.. hell give out an old ex's number that you don't like anymore

So that is why I got some weird calls! :laugh: :laugh:

TheSwordfish

I like the reply: whats a phone...? But if the guy has fun because of a remark like that and has humor extending that, you'll end up flirting.....

When that happens to me I simply say " why don't you give me your number instead?"

Works every time and then you know he is not in possession of your private info...

"I don't have a phone"

trust me, works wonders. Thats all I ever use. Since you arent interested in getting to know them personally, they will never end up at your house to find out.

If they try to draw you in, and dont buy that you dont have a phone, tell them that you actually rent a room out of an apartment or house, and yes, there is a phone in the house, but you arent allowed to use it.....

Both of them work great for me.

Screw honesty. That will just open the floor for nastiness later, not to mention hurt feelings. Chances are, they will get the hint later. Just talk about the new guy you have been seeing, if not.

laRubiaBonita

you say "i just got a new phone, and i don't know my number yet.....why not just give me yours."

SmoochieFace

Just don't give it to him. There's nothing *rude* about simply electing to not do something you don't want to do. :)

TheSwordfish

I think you should just say no. Being nice isn't nice but annoying. Asking his number impies you are interested.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this problem alot!

I just smile at them and say "Oh sorry but I am married" and when they say "well you dont have a ring on" I say "I dont wear a ring I am his wife not his possession!"

Works every time and they never get embaressed or look rejected. WHo can argue with that!

I have a huge crush on a girl at my work, and if she had told me when I first asked her to lunch that she had a boyfriend, or would just like to keep our relationship professional, it would be a lot easier. As soon as he knows the truth, the better. Telling him you won't date anyone from work is b.s. too, because if someone good looking enough for you came along you'd date him. The truth please!:(