How long do you wait to call after 1st date?

Bbecky

Hi everyone, just kindda new into the dating pool actually. I met this guy in a club few days ago and he got my number and called me right away that night. He called me again the next day to set up a date, and at first I just saw that as "hanging out" since I know nothing about him. So we went out, did a whole bunch of things, dinners, movies, and seem to have quite a common of interest. We talked alot, and finally we kissed and made out abit. He seem to be a sexual person though altho he promised me we wouldnt have sex on first date (which I told him I didn't want to). After that he drove me home and he still walked me to my door and kissed goodbye. I dunno if I made a wrong impression by asking him when will we meet again and he stop for a moment and said "I will call you", and then he said "or u can call me", so I just said "You can call me", and that's it. Somehow in his tone it sounds funny, he said he was missing me already, and something about he will always remember me, which made me felt like he doesn't want to meet again or something, am I thinking too much? Now, it's only been two days and I have been thinking about him alot, I even feel like calling him but I kept on telling myself at the same time if he was really interest in getting to know me he would call me right? How long do guys call back after first date? does it mean the later he calls the less interest he is? Further, does it turn guys off if girls wouldn't want to be sexual on first date? I dunno him well enough to figure out if sex was the only thing on his mind since I do have a tendancy of thinkng that I can't really trust guys I meet in the club. We did spend a long day together though. I normally couldn't have sex with guys that I am not in a relationship (and that's what I told him too), but I did sleep with a guy before on 2nd date and then it was all sex after, which totally killed me feeling absolutely stupid and used. I think that was when I got so afraid of having anything sexual with a guy.

Regardless, my question is just that I dunno if I should wait for him to call me back and how long would a guy calls (he claims that he's very busy), and should I even make an initiate to call him back?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

PlentyLV007

You did that right thing by not sleeping with him the first date. At least on my opinion. You always go with your gut instinct. Don't ever doubt your gut. It's always right!

First off a guy wouldn't try to sleep w/ you right away on the first date unless you let him. Since you didn't I can c he kinda was hating that you didn't let him hit it.

Honestly if you felt the chemistry and you felt him give you some chemistry...trust me he will call you!

There have been times before where I've gone out w/ guys and bamm when we start kissing they initiate going to second base. Then it's up to you!!! It's about how much you want to have fun. There is nothing wrong w/ a little bump and grind if that is what you want. If you want something a little more serious then just hold off on the intimate stuff for a little bit.

Most guys don't hold off too long when it comes too sex and I'm not going to lie neither do I, but lately...I have been holding off w/ my new guy but for other reasons, not just because "oh it's just going to be sex or what not".

Just go with what you feel, if he doesn't call, OH WELL NEXT! If he does then take your time...it's all up to you!

Good luck!

There is no right or wrong time to call. Unless you buy into those manipulative-recipe books for success in relationships. Just be yourself and you'll hopefully attract people that want to be around the real you.

It's funny becuz after I posted that message, he called back and we meet up today, we went out again doing a whole bunch of stuff and had really good conversation. We talked alot about relationships and stuff and it seems that things are going at an ok pace. He also said to me that he wouldn't have sex with me until I am ready and comfortable, and he would wait until we know each other better. I guess that's a good sign then? Anyway, yeah he called me again after he took me home and said he'll call me tomorrow too!

Anyway, I'll see what happen but thanks for the advices.

Hihi, just a quick question again...how long should two people meet for 2nd, and 3rd date?? Cuz, this guy I was talking about asked me out yesterday and today too, altho I don't have much to do but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to see each other so quickly so often!

Any advice would be great, thanks.

I went out on a date with a guy. He didn't call me for two weeks. I never returned his call. Sorry but if you are interesting in a girl you call her before two weeks after your first date. That is way to long I could meet someone else and get involved within that time period. But you have to follow how you feel. If you think two weeks is ok then its ok. To me it wasn't we hit it off and I felt like he should have at least called me but the following week to go out again. Or at least call even if he was to busy to hang out that week.

Just go with how you feel inside. If you feel he was being weird stop waisting your time if he wants you he'll come around. Maybe by then you will be dating someone else. That will be his loss.

I also met a guy at a club and he asked for my number and naturally I gave it to him. He called a week and 2 days later. It really just depends on the guy. I actually thought he would call like 2-3 days later but it turned out a lot longer than I expected

I also met a guy at a club and he asked for my number and naturally I gave it to him. He called a week and 2 days later. It really just depends on the guy. I actually thought he would call like 2-3 days later but it turned out a lot longer than I expected

I wonder if you're the girl I just called a couple days ago. :o