Is this him saying thanks, but no thanks?

daisyduke1234

daisyduke1234

Well, I did it. I finally thought enough was enough and I had to ask this guy out (see previous postings).

For those of you who didn't read my previous post, I have a guy friend who has been emailing me love songs, asked me to go watch the sunset with him etc.

Anyway, I mentioned to him that I had a week off work next week and wondered whether he'd like to meet up after work for a drink/see a film etc. He has just responded saying that as much as he would like to, he really can't as he has revision for doctor GP exams and he is a little worried that he won't get this exam, which is under three weeks away, as he has so much work to do for them. He said he had to be firm with himself at the moment and really hoped I understood.

Well I do kind of understand as realise how important these exams are for him, but I don't know whether this is a brush off after everything, or whether he would genuinely like to meet but simply can't due to pressures of work.

What do others think?

destination_unknown

dont think its a brush off, those are really important exams and sometimes as much as we wanna do fun stuff, we have to knuckle down. just be patient, its only a month to wait. Wish him best of luck with the exams and tell him itd be great to celebrate with him when its done.

fair play for getting up the courage to unambigously ask him out, but i really wouldnt worry too much that he cant go on a date right now. have fun with your mates while he is studying and then you will have lots of stuff to talk about if you get your date, if you dont (but i think you will) then at least you will be so busy you wont be thinking too much about it.

let us know how it goes!

Maybe it's just me, but if he really was so interested... why can't he take a few hours off ONE day to spend some time with you? Important as the exams may be, everybody needs a break.

If I were you, I wouldn't ask again. He had his chance, now let him come to you.

-E

KnowHowLoveFeels

Well Elyssa, you may think it's just a few hours of fun. But the reality is, he will have memories of the good time... and he won't be able to concentrate on his exams!!

OP: give him his space, or you will lose him.

• Author
daisyduke1234

HA! That is exactly what he said. He said it may only be one or two hours, but he really needs to be firm with himself and roll up his sleeves and knuckle down as he has so much to study for and so little time and is so concerned that he isn't going to pass. He also said he hoped I understood why he couldn't agree to meeting up.

I do hope it isn't a brush off. :eek: